TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Professional Sports Talk   » Professional Sports   » Rondo to play for the Lakers again

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rondo to play for the Lakers again
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-20-2021 10:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like many of the other members on the roster, Rajon Rondo makes a return to the Los Angeles Lakers and looks to secure another title in the storied franchise.

Rondo was instantly linked to the Lakers as soon as his buyout from the Memphis Grizzlies was complete, and the veteran looks to fill the locker room role that was vacated after Jared Dudley moved on to the Dallas Mavericks as an assistant coach. After he signed, Rondo revealed he is motivated to be playing on a championship-caliber team and it is hard to argue that the Lakers are anything less than a contender.

Los Angeles opted not to re-sign Rondo after their 2020 title run, but he talked about how head coach Frank Vogel was instrumental in making sure he felt wanted before returning this summer. “It played a huge role, you know, obviously, everybody wants to be wanted,” Rondo explained. “But having Coach Frank, I talked to him early this morning as far as his expectations for me and understanding that he missed my voice last year in the locker room, which meant a lot kind of saying that I do have value here and wanted to be wanted.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 09-23-2021 10:20 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rondo played at Eastern High School in Middletown, KY. I was a student at Eastern many years before him. Did Eastern have a great or good team while he was there?
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-28-2021 09:17 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clydeh,

High School Career:
Later on, after Rajon Rondo was sure of playing basketball, he attended Eastern High School in Louisville. He spent three years here. While he was still a junior, he had averaged over 27 points per game. He also led his team to the high school championships, i.e., Louisville Invitation Tournament.

Link

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 09-29-2021 09:56 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Cat, for the info about Rondo.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-12-2021 01:24 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clydeh, no problem especially since Rondo is my all-time favorite Cat.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 10-12-2021 03:36 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cat,
He was and is a great player. My wife was watching the Lakers last night (?live or replay) and he does everything in a superior fashion.

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-12-2021 03:50 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rondo is 35 years old and still playing with the better NBA players.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com