TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Professional Sports Talk   » Professional Sports   » Baseball playoffs?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baseball playoffs?
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-09-2014 09:13 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If my Reds are not in it, it does not exist, as far as I am concerned. Go Reds!
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-09-2014 10:00 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hardly ever watch them. Kinda boring to me.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-09-2014 01:09 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The playoffs is actually the only time I can watch games that don't involve the Reds. I normally LOVE playoff baseball - so much is on the line.

But Norm is spot on - playoff games are so friggin' boring anymore that it ain't funny! Is it just that playoff teams usually have the best pitching? I'm so sick of these low-scoring games. I DEMAND ACTION! [Cool]

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 10-10-2014 08:32 AM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I hardly ever watch them. Kinda boring to me.

When I hear this statement, and it's quite frequently. I always reply, "Then you don't understand the game."

I have had an over sixty year love affair of the game. I never played much except in little league for a few years. I wasn't very athletic and back when I was a youngster you weren't ever picked to play unless you were super big, strong, or fast. Not like today where everyone can play regardless of ability.

But somehow I became a student of the game and watched it at every level ever chance I got.

This same passion has rubbed off on my grandkids. My granddaughter is a softball catcher on her high school team and my grandson played rec ball in the Cal Ripken league and now the Babe Ruth.

Neither of these kids are very athletically inclined but they both have an extraordinary understanding and knowledge of the game. They instinctively know where to be on every play.

When my grandson was 11, his coach said "that kid has the highest baseball IQ of anyone I have coached. And I have been coaching for 18 years.

To me watching the defensive alignments and the counter offense strategies can be a thing of beauty. A perfectly executed double steal, a squeeze bunt, or a hit and run are quite exciting.

I'm a Reds fan too, Boom, and I can't wait til spring for the start of the 2015 season.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-10-2014 09:16 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The boring part of the game is the fact that it takes over a minute in between pitches. Say what? After each pitch, the batter has to step out and re-adjust every strap on his uniform, then stretch a little bit and then dig into the box and get settled. After that, the pitcher then stands on the mound for another thirty seconds, for whatever unknown reason, before delivering the pitch. It's just absurd.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-10-2014 12:15 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well Jar, You would probably be bored to death sitting out in a boat, getting sunburned, watching a rod tip, waiting for a trout to nibble at your bait, and trying to time your hook-set just right, too. But I absolutely love it. Different strokes, for different folks!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 10-10-2014 03:10 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ive been a Giants fan all my Life Go Giants!!!!!

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 10-31-2014 10:57 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HOW BOUT THEM GIANTS?

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com