TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Professional Sports Talk   » Professional Sports   » WOW!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WOW!
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-16-2014 10:51 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When was the last time an NBA player had 40+ points and 20+ rebounds in one game? Anthony Davis did it today!

Here's the boxscore: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/boxscore/NBA_20140316_BOS@NO

[ 03-16-2014, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-16-2014 10:57 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's impressive!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-18-2014 01:24 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is very impressive, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Love didn't do that multiple times a few seasons ago when he had over 10 rebounds in a row in for like 40 games and he was in the top 5 in scoring. He may have just had a lot of 20/10 games and 30/20 games though.

[ 03-18-2014, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-18-2014 01:32 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So I looked it up the most Love ever did during the 2011-12 season was a 40 Point and 19 Rebound game and a 52 Point and 15 Rebound game. He had multiple 30 point and 20 rebound games as well.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-18-2014 03:29 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Love's stats during his breakout season in the NBA were just ridiculous. It was like he was getting 30 points/20 rebounds every game. He sure came out of nowhere.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 03-22-2014 01:47 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Davis stays Healthy he will be one of the all time greats in NBA, if not the Greatest. imo.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-23-2014 02:32 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Davis and the Pelicans beat LeBron James and the Miami Heat tonight. James just missed a triple-double, but Davis had 30 points and 11 rebounds. Take that, Miami!
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-25-2014 03:19 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
just imagine how good we would be if he was still at UK.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-27-2014 01:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Cats have had some awesome players who have put up some big NBA numbers over the years. How about Rondo's triple double 18 Points 20 assists and 17 Rebounds back in 2012.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com