TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » It appears we have a team...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It appears we have a team...
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-03-2024 08:54 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...that thrives on offense.

So, my hope is call just lets 'em play. We may not go far, but they sure are a joy to watch when they are in that offensive groove.

Wouldn't it be cool to win number nine averaging over 100 points per game?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-03-2024 09:29 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are fun to watch, that’s for sure. Despite the ups and downs, I’ve enjoyed watching this team more than any other in recent memory .

This may sound a little naive, but I think there anre actually“too many” good players on this team. I believe if we had, for example, an eight man rotation it would allow for more cohesion and growth. I also believe with this much talent, that’s impossible. Maybe Cal is actually recruiting too much talent?

I hate to say this, but with their defensive liabilities, I don’t believe this team is built for March. In most cases, defense wins championship’s.

PS. If your are reading this rlt4uk, i continue to pray for you and family.

[ 03-03-2024, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-03-2024 10:15 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are alot of fun to watch, and I like how they are genuinely happy for each other. They act like a true team in regards to not caring who gets celebrated. If the defense could just become average we could win #9. But I think for that to happen it would require us to switch defenses in game and Cal is never going to do that. Arkansas was killing us off the drive and he still stayed with man. I think a zone defense as an option could really benefit this team and increase our chances of winning it all. He can still play man as his primary defense, but throwing in a zone multiple times during the game could be very beneficial. Play it for a few possessions at a time, not just one. That way the other offense is not getting so comfortable with what they are seeing. It makes them think a little more.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
FairfieldCat
Player
Member # 2897

posted 03-03-2024 11:08 AM      Profile for FairfieldCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It looked to me that when Big Z came in late in the game, drives to the basket stopped
Posts: 306 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-03-2024 04:58 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Z seems to be getting adjusted to the college game here. His defense looked better. I hope he starts to get alot of minutes and makes the most of them. His offensive ability could really open things up. I do like how we have multiple guys that can take over a stretch of a game.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-04-2024 10:29 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe we did play zone for a few plays during that game. But somewhere on the way to March Cal must bhave given up on trying to get them to play real defense.
It's also interesting to look at our 3 bigs and see how each has transformed during the season.
Ugo seemed to be getting better both ways for a while but he is still a little slow reacting.
Bradshaw was not progressing for a while but recently he is starting to play a little looser and is getting better going both ways.
Our 7-2 guy is starting to take advantage of his height and long reach to block more shots. He is the one who now seems to be improved the most.
Glad to see Cal can play all of them.

Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
FairfieldCat
Player
Member # 2897

posted 03-05-2024 06:00 PM      Profile for FairfieldCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You guys no better than me. I only played pickup decades ago. Seems like a pretty good rotation all around. Not just bigs
Posts: 306 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-05-2024 08:15 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As far as offense I think w2e can start comparing them to the 1996 team, maybe even better scorers. But not even close to their defensive prowess, or average scoring difference. Their difference was way up there in double digits.
Posts: 14124 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com