TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK/Kansas game. Well, ...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK/Kansas game. Well, ...
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-28-2023 10:56 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was better than I thought it would be a few weeks ago. I guess that's a positive. We're just not a top tier team.

Earlier this week I said if Wheeler played 20+ minutes we would lose. Wonder how much he played? And it definitely wasn't all him, but he doesn't really help anything.

Biggest factor overall was Kansas putting Oscar in picks. If Cal doesn't help them figure out how to defend those we will be in for a bad finish to the season. If I am playing us I run a pick and roll with Oscar every single time. You could see Kansas hunting him out on that during the game. Gets him away from the basket for rebounding, puts us at a disadvantage every time he switches, and exposes our poor rotation on defense. We shot 49% on the game so even though we didn't hit 3's we still made shots. There was no adjustment for that in the 2nd half either. Try something, or at least switch defense a little.

If defense doesn't get better I see at least 3-4 more losses. Hope we figure out the defense and win out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Posts: 5436 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-29-2023 08:43 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very disappointing loss. I think this was a must-win game if we want to make the NCAA tournament.

For 90% of the game, I kept thinking "why does he have this lineup in?". That and the missed free throws was just so disappointing. I understand the poor 3-point percentage. Against a good team with a very good coach, we're just not gonna get good looks with the offense we run. 2-13 from outside, and I'd say nine or ten of the shoots were poor shots.

Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-29-2023 08:45 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To prove Calipari dosen't know what he's doing, the player who played the best in the first half, played 62 seconds in the second half. If I was Chris Livingston I'd transfer.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-29-2023 09:00 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! I knew Livingston didn't play much, but didn't realize it was that little. That is amazing that he is so inept with lineups. I think his brain just can't handle anything more than just yelling instructions to the guys.

So he has a guy get 8 points in the 1st half and then barely plays him in the 2nd. He is awful. No other way to say it. Everyone gets fooled by the weak wins we get, all 4 in a row, and all of the sudden he's a great coach. I don't care if we won 11 in a row, if he was still doing the same things he is still a bad coach as I have said since he got here. I love the wins, but it has never changed my opinion of his coaching. In fact a Jay Wright with the same players would have won 3 championships in the same time, if not more. I know some will say "he wouldn't get the same talent." Maybe not, but he would get top talent, more than he has at Villanova, and he's won 2 championships there in the time Cals been at UK.

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-29-2023 03:08 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Regarding Livingston, I love the guy's game. I wish he would play a lot more too.

But Livingston's 8 points all came in transition early in the first half.

In the second half, we had ZERO transition opportunities. Kansas adjusted, and shut that part of our game down. While Livingston certainly deserved to play, it is important to put his contribution in perspective.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13618 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-29-2023 04:14 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Explain to me what adjustments are again?? [Wink]
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-29-2023 08:58 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think without a doubt with the talent coach has brought to Lexington to win only 1 title and no ff's for a few years proves that he is a terrible coach.

Yesterday proves he has no clue who to play and his asst coaches shold all be fired in mass. Are they just practice coaches?

really bad imo

doesnt matter if we get an tournament bid or not we wont be in it long!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-29-2023 09:59 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Miserable if you ask me. I have no bad feelings about any of the players. They are all nice guys as we, the public see them. But the game absolutely changed as soon as he put Wheeler in the game. Their spacing went to hell immediately. It looked like a different team was now playing. We slowed the game down and started getting close to using the full 30 sec each time down the floor. Anyone with a lick of brains should know by now that you have to get 25-28 minutes out of Reeves. His shooting is usually better than any other guard on the team. Fredrick is still not shooting like we thought he would, and may never. A couple of 3's from him just won't win games for us. Wallace is too erratic on his shooting. Ware trys hard but he is just not the best thing for us when Oscar sits. Are Collins and Kingsley that bad that we haven't seen them at all for how long??? And what's with Thierro??? My God Cal where is your thoughts during a game??? [Mad]
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com