TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Disappointed UK fans.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disappointed UK fans.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-18-2023 08:13 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are a lot of them after two good UK wins. They hate Cal more than they want UK to win. Several UK sites went strangely silent after UK started playing well in the second half.

[ 01-18-2023, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-18-2023 08:16 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
handycat,

I was only silent because I went to bed. LOL. As I just posted....Glad to see that Cal made the adjustments at halftime and decided not to play Wheeler in the second half, other than for 1 minute it appears.

Glad to see that he stuck with Frederick even though he was not hitting shots, but looks like he did hit his only one to give UK the lead. Frederick and Reeves on the floor is a must to space to it properly. Also, it appears to me that CJ is the vocal leader of this team. He has some intangibles that merit him being on the floor 35 minutes per game.

[ 01-18-2023, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-18-2023 09:09 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know Cal has forgotten more about basketball than i'll ever know, but there are things that seem so obvious that he doesn't see. If I was the only person saying this, it would be one thing. But every site I go on says the same thing, that Wheeler needs to take a back seat. And when Cal sits Wheeler, we play pretty good. Why does it take Cal so long to see what the rest of the world sees?
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-18-2023 10:29 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Love to see UK win anytime. Very glad to see he stuck more with Reeves, Wallace, CJ, Toppin, and Oscar. He still played a decent amount of the game with only Cj or Reeves on the floor at a time. He definitely said get it to Oscar, which worked against UGA, but that is not going to work against teams with long athletic bigs, as we have seen. We also went to Circle a too early again, but the way Oscar was playing it didn't matter, and we hit free throws. HE needs to trust them more and let them play. when he does that it's like he's putting handcuffs on the team and they never perform well in the last 5 minutes or so we he forces them to do that.

Still wish he would work on a zone to protect guys in foul trouble some, especially Oscar, and because it can definitely be effective against teams for stretches of a game. We have moved a little better on offense which is good coaching. We still get stagnate when it goes to Oscar as everyone just stands and watches. Hopefully he will work on some plays to get guys open looks from Oscar. However, Oscar is not a good passer. He struggles to find the right guy, especially against double teams, and when he does it is often a bad pass that is too low, etc.

I am not a Cal fan, at all, of his coaching, and never have been. And at least I have been consistent with my views. It's not just based on if we win or lose, but how the team plays and performs. For years I have been hoping to see him adapt and improve. I would be thrilled if I saw him develop into a great game coach, and game planner. That would mean I would always enjoy watching UK play because it would be good basketball. That has not been the case for several years. My hope is that he is realizing he has to change to be the best coach he can be, and to get the most out of his teams. He just needs to be humbled some and realize he has to change how he coaches. That's all I want.

Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com