TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK vs UGA predictions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK vs UGA predictions
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-17-2023 10:06 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can we build on Saturdays win or do we revert back to how we were playing before the Tennessee game. I think we win in a close game.

UK:77
UGA:71

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-17-2023 10:32 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Cal goes back to Wheeler:

UK: 66
UG: 65

Otherwise:

UK: 77
UG: 65

Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-17-2023 12:42 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see the starting lineup first. If he starts CJ, Reeves, Wallace, Livingston, and Oscar; and they get most of the minutes I say we win 74-69. That's us having a decent lead and then holding on as Cal has us go to the circle offense with 5 minutes left. That's also if we have the same movement and better spacing that we had on Saturday. I like Oscar being an option instead of the whole focal point. Opens things up more.

If Cal reverts back to his prior lineup choices, and offense, I'll say UGA 68-UK 65.

Posts: 5420 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-17-2023 01:34 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seen earlier that cal said that wheeler is his point guard and he needs him on the floor. Surely he sees what we see. The team is better without him.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-17-2023 01:55 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read where Cal says Wheeler has speed and toughness. Speed doesn't score baskets - it just gets him out of control. And toughness? Didn't Wheeler miss two weeks (last year?) with a neck injury after barely bumping into an opponent? It just seems like he gets hurt a lot.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-17-2023 02:10 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To me, Wheeler is a situational player. But not a starter, nor one who typically gets major minutes.

My predictions is a decent win for UK, as the team seemed to really come together for the first time this year against Tennessee. If that continues (even with Cal's limitations), we should win.

UK 77, UGA 68

If, however, they revert back to whatever they were doing before, then a major loss:

UK 66, UGA 75

This will be a pivotal game. Was Tennessee a fluke, or a pivot?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-17-2023 03:21 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It all depends on the 3's. If we can make at least 9 threes and hold them to 5 or less we can win. But if they get loose for double digit 3's and we get no more than 3 threes we are going to drop another one. I'll guess we can make 9 threes and hold them to 4 which should give us a win 74-66.
Posts: 14118 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 01-17-2023 07:13 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its a tough call. Too many factors to consider. I liked the lineup against the Vols but tonight who knows? I think we win but wouldn't bet on it.
Cats 75
Dogs 67

Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-17-2023 07:54 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Cal starts Wheeler after what he has seen in the times Wheeler has missed, or played limited minutes, then Cal is a lost cause. No coach, that is worth anything, would come out tonight with Wheeler back in the starting lineup. Unless Cason's back is hurting. Wheeler is definitely a situational/role player. He does have his value, but only in spurts. No way he should be playing 30+ minutes. If we don't see Cj and Reeves on the floor at the same time alot tonight then Cal is out of his mind.
Posts: 5420 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-17-2023 08:07 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukman:
If Cal starts Wheeler after what he has seen in the times Wheeler has missed, or played limited minutes, then Cal is a lost cause. No coach, that is worth anything, would come out tonight with Wheeler back in the starting lineup. Unless Cason's back is hurting. Wheeler is definitely a situational/role player. He does have his value, but only in spurts. No way he should be playing 30+ minutes. If we don't see Cj and Reeves on the floor at the same time alot tonight then Cal is out of his mind.

👍👍

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-17-2023 11:41 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It took Cal a while, but it appears he may finally see what the rest of the world has been seeing - keep Wheeler on the bench. Now if only we could find a seat for Topping right next to him....
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-17-2023 11:57 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I won the picks contest. 77-71 was my prediction and it finished 85-71.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-18-2023 05:47 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Toppin finished last night's game with 11 points 11 rebounds and 4 assists. His defense is scetchy at times, I agree, but if he isn't on the floor we're going to have to find someone else to assist Oscar in rebounding the ball!

When Toppin is on target he can easily go off for 20 points as well.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123955 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com