TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Update on Carleton game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update on Carleton game
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-13-2022 10:46 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW! As old Redbone would say, We got one heck of a rowboat this year!!! We got so many hole patchers it may be two years before we encounter another leaky rowboat situation!!

I can tell you right now that Reeves has so far been the biggest surprise and valued pickup in a long time. His 3 year experience at a midmajor school has him prepared to start at the 2 position for us. He is way ahead of anyone else.

Thiero and Livingston should get plenty of PT and Wallace will be playing both the PG and off guard positions in many games this year and by SEC games should have a good handle on his game.

But Toppin is something else this season. How about SEC 1st team for him and NBA next year. The more I watch Wheeler the more I can see him as a member of an NBA roster. And collins has really improved his abilities.

If you haven't noticed it the cats are going to run their opponents into the ground with their speed in bringing the ball up court.

We have only one weak spot on the team. I'm sure most of you know who that is. Cal wants he to succeed but I just don't see it. Ware just can't shoot and I'm not sure if his game will improve enough to get him the PT he wants. He will have some competition when the season starts from Kingsley. I just hope Cal doesn't redshirt Kingsley and cause us to never see him play like last year.

Posts: 14129 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-14-2022 07:54 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep! This should be a fun year. We appear to be loaded. Redbone would have had a blast with this years team.

Hard to believe but Redbone will be gone 13 years next week.

[ 08-14-2022, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-14-2022 09:24 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, I agree with just about everything you said, but I don't think Wheeler will ever play in the NBA. I thought Wheeler would've spent the entire offseason practicing his outside shot, but it doesn't appear that way. If he could shoot the three (or even a mid-range shot) with a good percentage then he'd be All-World. But he just cannot shoot.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 08-15-2022 03:17 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So with the mention of Redbone above I thought I would bring back his tribute forum for a bit. His wit and wisdom are always refreshing and well received and with a break from basketball for a couple of months maybe we would enjoy revisiting some of his thoughts.

The forum is located below this one and to see the posts you may have to adjust how far back your view goes in the upper right of the page.

I also will leave Ray's tribute up for a while below here until the season gets going. Ray, the ultimate Wildcat fan IMO should be around for the start of the season.

Posts: 7183 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com