TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Scrimmage

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scrimmage
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-03-2022 10:34 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What little they showed of the scrimmage last night on TV was interesting. I did see Frederick shoot it several times and he was true on the money when they showed him. He is going to be a force to keep off the floor for the other guards/wings. He may upset the apple cart for those who thought they knew what the starting lineup would be. He may just be as good or better than what has been projected last year.
Posts: 14129 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-03-2022 12:10 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he will at least get significant playing time. Assuming he stays healthy.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-03-2022 02:29 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tshiewbe
Toppin
Frederick
Reeves
Wheeler

With good backup from Ward, Collins, and the freshmen.

Should be a fun team.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-03-2022 07:46 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip I tend to agree with you on that five. I think we could score a lot of points with them. There was a #22 and 25, probably freshmen. One of them was playing the PG position last night for the other side and he was doing a very good job. Looks like he can shoot also. That was most likely Wallace.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-04-2022 03:20 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just realized all five of those players are transfers. None of them were signed by Cal as freshmen.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-06-2022 05:51 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. That has to be an NCAA first! An all-transfer starting five?

Incredible.

But, of course, we are forgetting that Cal WILL get his freshmen into the starting lineup, somehow, some way, regardless of who we think should play. Gotta keep that HS-UK-NBA pipleline flowing!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-06-2022 10:12 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have to agree.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-06-2022 12:22 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good observation Bama! Keep that up and some will think you are as smart as me.

[ 08-06-2022, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com