TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Unanimous...Oscar Tshiebwe National Player of the Year

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unanimous...Oscar Tshiebwe National Player of the Year
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 04-05-2022 07:36 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2022 Wooden Award Winner!!!

Well done young man.

Posts: 7184 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 04-05-2022 07:40 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a list of his accomplishments from this season.

In this fans opinion, his character off the court exceeds all of these rewards for his work on the court. Oscar is an exceptional young man who is destined fro greatness no matter what path he chooses in life.

Wooden Award
Naismith Player of the Year
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award
USBWA Oscar Robertson Trophy
Associated Press Player of the Year
NABC National Player of the Year
NABC Pete Newell Big Man of the Year
NCAA Consensus All-America First Team
Wooden Award All-America Team
USBWA First-Team All-America
NABC First-Team All-America
Associated Press First-Team All-America
Sporting News First-Team All-America
Wooden Award All-America Team
NABC All-District 20 First Team
Southeastern Conference Player of the Year (coaches/media)
All-SEC First Team (coaches/media)
All-SEC Defensive Team (coaches)
USBWA District IV Player of the Year
USBWA All-District IV team
CBS Sports National Player of the Year
USA Today National Player of the Year
USA Today First-Team All-American
The Athletic's National Player of the Year
Sports Illustrated First-Team All-American
The Field of 68 National Player of the Year
The Field of 68 First-Team All-America
College Hoops Today National Player of the Year
USA Today SEC Player of the Year
USA Today First-Team All-SEC unanimous selection

Posts: 7184 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-05-2022 08:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oscar is special no doubt about it, that list of accomplishments says it all!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-05-2022 09:32 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most of the prognosticators are saying, if UK can get Oscar's NIL squared away, he'll return next year!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-05-2022 10:04 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So happy for him. As hard as he worked every game he more than deserved it.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-05-2022 10:04 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've just realized what we need to win #9 next year. If we can get Oscar back again and then find 4 more kids that can do their job without any coaching we will have it made. Guarantee a championship. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14132 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-06-2022 07:33 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is the NIL in the earlier post.
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-06-2022 08:04 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by clydeh:
What is the NIL in the earlier post.

NIL = Name Image Likeness.

College kids can now get paid for anything with their Name, Image, or Likeness. So they can sell a t-shirt with the name on it or jerseys as an example, they can also appear in TV ads etc I believe.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that Oscar would make more next year playing for Kentucky then he could on the first year of a NBA contract.

[ 04-06-2022, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com