TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Norm .....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Norm .....
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-03-2022 12:43 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
k and the dookies went down tonight !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-03-2022 09:33 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UNC turned out to be a huge thorn in coach K's paw this year. The legendary head coach's last home game and last NCAA tournament game were both losses to UNC. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10336 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-03-2022 10:03 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Half of my wishes came true. I wanted it to be Villa vs UNC. Stop Kansas' increase in wins over us. Now they have a 3 game edge on us with achance for 1 more on monday. 4 games isn't a lot but being who we are and who they are 4 is a good lead until they have a bad streak. No telling if they will widen the margin next year the way we have played the last 3 years.
Posts: 14146 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-03-2022 02:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TyTy Washington, Shaedon Sharpe, and Oscar Tshiebwe potentially leaving doesn't help matters either.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-04-2022 01:52 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Go Kansas. I don't know why any UK fan would ever cheer for UNC even against Duke.

The all time wins don't really matter to me because the win % isn't even close. Kansas may end up this season with 3 more all time wins, but they also have something like 145 more losses.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11567 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-04-2022 10:21 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't believe UNC leading Kansas by 15 at the half. I sure didn't expect this!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-04-2022 11:57 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kansas is the champions. I'm happy that's 4 championships for them, it would have been 7 for unc. I like having a two championship cushion between us and them.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-05-2022 02:06 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our only problem is we can't win for losing. [Wink] nobody can't say that this wasn't the year for us to get #9. It was set up for us and we couldn't take advantage of it. Of course there have been several other years that we have blown it. We should have at least 11 now.

[ 04-05-2022, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-05-2022 07:09 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Think about it - we had 30-points leads this year over both teams playing in the championship game.
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-05-2022 07:28 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UNC definitely got better as the year went on, and Kansas got things together and became more consistent. Cal's teams seem to improve from the standpoint of new guys jelling as the season goes on, not that they improve skill wise or execution wise. The team we had this year was tailor made for a championship run, but they did not improve like we all thought they would. Big disappointment this year. But always hopeful for the next.
Posts: 5431 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-05-2022 10:08 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's happened every year but 2012. We manage to get some great shooters and they always fail when it comes right down to a championship.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-05-2022 11:15 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And when Cal was with Memphis they had a 9-point lead over Kansas in the championship game with under two minutes to play and lost in overtime. Memphis missed four free throws in the last 1:15 of regulation. Seems to be a common trait of Calipari teams.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com