TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » In a pickle

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In a pickle
Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 03-28-2022 07:55 AM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm in a pickle.
It seems I must now root for North Carolina for one game.
I don't like this.
The struggle is real.

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10231 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 03-28-2022 08:10 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know the feeling. 3 Blue Bloods in the Final 4 and we beat 2 of them by 18,19 points this year.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 746 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-28-2022 08:16 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No pickle for me. I'm the biggest Tarheel fan out there this week. Usually it's 2-3 times a year. Call me bandwagon. Go HEELS!!!
Posts: 5436 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-28-2022 09:08 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Baby blue for me. I can never pull for duke. I hope Villanova wins it all. Sure would be nice to have Jay Wright as our coach. He gets it.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 03-28-2022 09:22 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Villanova guard Justin Moore will miss the remainder of the NCAA Tournament after tearing his right Achilles tendon in the last few minutes in Saturday's game.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 746 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-28-2022 09:35 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don’t care who wins as long as it’s not Duke.

quote:
Sure would be nice to have Jay Wright as our coach. He gets it.
Not me! I would rather watch paint dry than watch a Jay Wright coached team. Good coach, good guy but his teams play way too methodical for me. Reminds me of Dean Smith teams.
Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-28-2022 12:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
handy, i am with you!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 03-28-2022 12:37 PM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
I don’t care who wins as long as it’s not Duke.

quote:
Sure would be nice to have Jay Wright as our coach. He gets it.
Not me! I would rather watch paint dry than watch a Jay Wright coached team. Good coach, good guy but his teams play way too methodical for me. Reminds me of Dean Smith teams.
That's my point. I don't want to Duke to win, but, that means I have to root for the Tar Heels. It just don't seem right.

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10231 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-28-2022 09:28 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you blow your chances in the first game that's what happens. UK should have been playing Villanova and Duke vs UNC. With us getting to sock it to coach K at his farewell party. But alas coach Cal seen that wouldn't happen. And we would still have the lead for most lifetime wins instead of Kansas.

[ 03-28-2022, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 03-28-2022 09:57 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still believe the fix is in for Duke to win it all in Rat face’s final year. I’m a Nova fan in this one, but that will probably jinx them.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-28-2022 11:47 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Saying I will root for one or the other between UNC and Duke is a stretch.

That being said I hope Duke wins every single time they play UNC. To me UNC is much more of a rival than Duke.

I think the Duke program sinks into the nether regions once Coach K retires.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-29-2022 07:19 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ProBlue:
I know the feeling. 3 Blue Bloods in the Final 4 and we beat 2 of them by 18,19 points this year

I'm starting to wonder if Villanova is silently replacing us as the 4th blue blood.
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-29-2022 07:42 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Recent results would say so. 3rd final four since 2016, and he's won every time he's been there. How many final fours do we have since 2016? A big fat 0. Granted we had 4 from 2011-2015, which was a great run. But I think the game has passed Cal by. Back then I never would have thought we'd have only the 1 championship in this time. Of course, after he blew it in 2015 I had my doubts. But still thought we'd have 1 more by now. I have alot of hope in that happening again, but very little faith.
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 03-29-2022 08:35 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nova is not replacing us, but they have become close to joining the blue blood club.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-29-2022 02:08 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Puke wins it all, I'll be in a deep depression until next season. I don't really hate them as such. I don't want any of them to die, but I hope they never win another game, either.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-29-2022 09:47 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm there with you Norm. When UNC beat them in K's last home game, and the students were crying; it made me so happy. I would take complete joy in seeing them lose to UNC in his last game. I may throw up if they win it all, and I don't even think I could watch the game.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-30-2022 07:01 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Although I was born to dislike UNC, I very much respected and liked Roy Williams. His demeanor and sideline mannerisms are akin to Tubby's. And his style of coaching, in my opinion, can only be topped by RP. Watching UNC this year, and especially in the tournament, I think I see the same thing in Hubert Davis. Other than being with UNC, I haven't found a reason to dislike him. Yet.

As for Dook - I hate everything about that program. I hope UNC sends them home this weekend!

Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-30-2022 12:59 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with Enterprise Cat. I believe the fix is in for K's last (I hope) hoorah.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-30-2022 01:05 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My wife has been saying it's the World Wrestling Entertainment on hardwood!!

The fix is in!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123978 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-30-2022 02:38 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I had it I wouldn't be afraid to place a large bet on Duke. I still think the fix was in for Wooden and it will be this time also.
Posts: 14151 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com