TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK women with a mass exodus...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK women with a mass exodus...
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-25-2022 08:06 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK women basketball team had their 3 biggest returners for next years team declare for the transfer portal today.

Massengill, Hunt, and Edwards have all entered their names in the transfer portal today.

Another small news blurb said that Mitchell was considering getting back into the coaching business and GA is interested in his skills! No real way for me to confirm this second bit of news!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123968 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-26-2022 03:37 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is something we know nothing about in the women's team this year. We could go from riches to rags next year.
Posts: 14130 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-26-2022 04:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I remember right, we had several leave off before last years team.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123968 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-26-2022 08:01 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish coach Mitchell would come back.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-28-2022 12:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt, I am with you but it is not going to happen.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-28-2022 08:36 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why did Mitchell leave ??? I thought he was doing a great job there !!!

MEL

Posts: 2791 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-28-2022 09:08 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
More time with family? That was supposed reason. I think wifey wanted him at home more.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-30-2022 02:40 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And now a 4th girl, the last one of our inside threats is gone. Maybe they can play a 5 woman guard team next year. [Big Grin]
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-30-2022 05:26 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually Mitchel does want to coach again and it could be at Georgia- if true wonder how many of the women's team might join him there?

He left in the 1st place because of a very serious head injury which occurred when he fell and hit his head while walking out best. It required brain surgery and at the time, he felt he had to step away.

[ 03-30-2022, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 03-30-2022 05:28 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mitchell retired for health reasons (brain cancer I think), nut is now interested in returning to coaching. Elzy won an SEC Tournament championship (1st in 40 years), but then flamed out in the NCAA tournament. Not sure what’s taking place, but 3 important players leaving definitely isn’t a good sign.

We’ll have to see what her recruiting class looks like when they hit the floor. They look good on paper, but Cal has proven that doesn’t mean much.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-30-2022 08:07 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coach Mitchell had a bad fall and sustained a severe head injury. It took a long time to recover, and he felt like he couldn't give the team the attention they deserved while he was recovering.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 03-30-2022 08:08 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coach Mitchell had a bad fall and sustained a severe head injury. It took a long time to recover, and he felt like he couldn't give the team the attention they deserved while he was recovering.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 04-07-2022 04:18 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And Barnhart just extended the coachs contract thru 2028. I think we need a change at head men and womens programs as well as Athletic Director. And Mitchell is now planning on returning to coaching and may end up coaching the Georgia program. I wish he were back at UK, he did a great job while there.

[ 04-07-2022, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-08-2022 11:16 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe Mitchell could come back and coach the men [Smile]
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com