TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Dontaie Allen Transferring

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dontaie Allen Transferring
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-24-2022 11:52 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
“Wow. This journey has been like no other,” Allen said. “I can’t thank Big Blue Nation enough for embracing me unconditionally through the highs and lows. A kid from Kentucky given an unbelievable opportunity to play for his dream school. This wouldn’t feel right without thanking all of my coaches, brothers, the trainers, the staff, Big Blue Nation, and everyone who made my last three years so special. Lexington, Kentucky will forever be home."

“After much thought and consideration, I have decided to put my name into the transfer portal.”

Article Link

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2254 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 03-24-2022 11:56 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad to see him go.I hope he gets some playing time elsewhere.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 746 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-24-2022 12:19 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I won’t be surprised if Hopkins and Collins decide this is best for them also.
Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-24-2022 12:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Collins has already announced he's returning to KY!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123976 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-24-2022 01:46 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd love to see him go to UL and light it up for Kenny Payne. What sucks is that Dontaie has already wasted two years playing for the turd Calipari.
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-24-2022 06:24 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
for the turd Calipari.
I’m starting to get the feeling you may not care for Coach Cal.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-24-2022 06:33 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PaulCat,

IMO, you can dislike Cal. You can wish the best to our players who transfer. You can like Kenny Pane. But if you wish success to UofL at Kentucky's expense, I have to call you on that one.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13618 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-24-2022 10:26 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Allen is the one that made the mistake. I understand how kids from KY want to play for UK. But they need to stop and give it some thought before they sign with UK. Allen was a 4 star. I admit that some 4 stars turn out to be good players. But as was said, he should have tried a mid major before coming to UK But when he was signed by Cal I believe he was the first player to sign in that class. Cal has a tendency to do that every year. He rushes out there and signs a kid who is not a super star, and then spend a year recruiting over him. Maybe Allen will be able to get more PT nwherever he ends up.
Posts: 14147 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-24-2022 11:07 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
PaulCat,

IMO, you can dislike Cal. You can wish the best to our players who transfer. You can like Kenny Pane. But if you wish success to UofL at Kentucky's expense, I have to call you on that one.

And rightfully so, Tip. [Smile]

I hated UL as a kid but tried to like them as I got older, although it never really came to fruition. But I would never do that at the expense of the Big Blue. [Wink] I think I actually dislike UL fans more than I dislike UL.

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-24-2022 11:10 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
quote:
for the turd Calipari.
I’m starting to get the feeling you may not care for Coach Cal.
Handy, I began not caring too much for Cal since the NIT season. Other than the Billy Gillispie debacle, I believe that was that first season I can ever remember where UK missed the NCAA tournament. Yes, I will be happier when Cal decides to retire.

[ 03-24-2022, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-25-2022 01:52 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting if he ends up like Juzang. Of course, Juzang played some more, but similar players. And I bet if Juzang stayed at UK he would have not seen an increase in playing time under Cal. Hope he goes somewhere great and has a great year or 2. But if he plays UK I want him to have an 0 for night.
Posts: 5435 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-25-2022 03:24 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's played for UCLA in two straight years in the tourney. He's done more than anyone who was on UK's roster the last 2 years.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-25-2022 04:29 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
It will be interesting if he ends up like Juzang.
IMO, no way. Juzang is much more skilled and a better all around player. Allen is a good shooter but offers little else offensively. Defensively he has difficulty guarding a parked car.

The only thing I disagree with Cal about concerning Allen was his decision to give him a scholarship in the first place.

I guess my opinion of his playing ability sounds a little harsh but I honestly wish him well at whatever mid-major he ends up at.

[ 03-25-2022, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-06-2022 10:57 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read where Iona has reached out to Allen. I think it would be awesome if he played for Pitino. Rick would let him fire away on 3-pointers without having to worry about being yanked after 10 seconds of playing time.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-07-2022 10:35 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul i'am with you, he would fit in with Pitino to a tee. His 3 point shooting percentage will improve when you don't have to worry when he let's one fly.

[ 04-07-2022, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 04-11-2022 12:02 PM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by country cat:
i have not cared for Cal---since him and his players took a knee. the players in ky are treated like heroes and at least 90% are black

Huh? Not sure about what "90% are black" refers to.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1791 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-11-2022 04:32 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would imagine he's talking about the players. Not sure what the reference of taking the knee has to do with being black and treating them like heroes. I guess us putting them on pedestals like heroes doesn't give them the right to take a knee is all I can figure out.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com