TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Carolina collapse

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Carolina collapse
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-19-2022 02:40 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Watching this collapse from Carolina and as Hubert Davis calls a timeout with the game tied, and 15 seconds left, my son says "Imagine that, a coach calling a timeout with a chance to win on the last possession."
Posts: 5439 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-19-2022 02:47 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure I'd be happy if Davis was my head coach!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-19-2022 03:54 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would have fired Davis on the spot if UNC would have lost that game. Although in my opinion, it sure looked like UNC was getting the shaft in the last few minutes of the game.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-19-2022 05:30 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not at all saying anything about Davis, just thought it was a little funny that my son made that comment. Carolina looked lost that last 10 minutes. Turnovers, bad shots, couldn't handle the press. They were lucky to get out with the win.
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-19-2022 11:12 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Survive and advance !!! Might want to ask Cal about that !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-20-2022 04:21 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal has been to 6 final fours, with 3 different teams. I think he knows how to get there. I realize It's more of, what have you done for me lately, but he does know how to win. He had the 2nd most victories in teh NCAA Tourney at the beginning of the show, second only to K!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-20-2022 07:34 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is true. But look at what he has done over the time he has been at UK. The first five years or so was pretty good but the lasthalf of his tenure has been fairly bad. Why? Because of several things but the main one is wins. We are now second to Kansas in lifetime wins by a team because of his win totals for a number of years. Just looking at the past five years we barely have an average of 23 wins per season. But we can't blame Cal for losing this lead. No it started with Billy G. But 23 wins per season for the past 5 years hasn't helped the team that is supposed to be "The Gold Standard.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 03-21-2022 07:28 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's strictly because of talent, certainly not in game coaching. At least at UK for sure, and probably at Memphis. He must have coached well at UMass, but the game has changed and he has not.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com