TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Michigan/Wisc postgame fight.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Michigan/Wisc postgame fight.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-20-2022 03:46 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While going through the postgame handshake line, Michigan coach Juan Howard, threw an open hand punch to the head of one of the Wisc assistant coaches. Several players then got involved in the festivities.

That was my afternoon entertainment.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1495491006980 100110?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

[ 02-20-2022, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-20-2022 04:35 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's the Big Ten. First of all, They can't even count! Second of all, when was the last time that a Big (10 11 12 13?) win a national title? 2000?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-20-2022 04:37 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There'll be some suspensions come down off that one, starting with Howard! He might now coach the rest of the regular season!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-20-2022 09:36 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There will be a public apology by Howard. If there isn't, THE MAN SHOULD BE FIRED. He is a poor representative for his race in coaching college basketball. After listening to both sides after the fact, this WAS VERY DISGUSTING and has no place in college sports. He needs to go back to the NBA where they are a little more tolerant???
Posts: 14132 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-21-2022 10:12 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He should be fired. If A white coach hit a black person they'd already be gone. He's a thug,and he can't coach. Belin had built Michigan in to a national power and Howard has brought them back to mediocrity.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-21-2022 04:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with rlt, he should be fired or at least a very long suspension.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-21-2022 07:21 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The NCAA has thoroughly reviewed this inappropriate behavior and has declared they will punish the University of Kentucky and Coach Cal accordingly.

[ 02-21-2022, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-21-2022 07:28 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^^^^^^^^^^ LOL^^^^^^^^^

--------------------

FairfieldCat
Player
Member # 2897

posted 02-21-2022 10:25 PM      Profile for FairfieldCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy,
I haven't seen a post that funny in the longest time

Posts: 306 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-22-2022 04:41 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw late yesterday evening that Howard has been suspended the rest of the regular season. (5 games)

--------------------

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 02-22-2022 10:54 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
I saw late yesterday evening that Howard has been suspended the rest of the regular season. (5 games)

And fined $40,000. I personally think he should have been fired.

I do see where he posted a public apology, so there is a part of me that thinks the punishment appropriate.

Gard was not suspended, but he was fined $10,000. That I do not understand. I did not see anything inappropriate about his actions in trying to explain himself to Howard, but maybe there was more to what happened that I could see.

I think there were three players that each received a one game suspension for their actions in the scrum that followed.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 02-22-2022 08:51 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GA cat ... Howard didn't apologize till after the suspension and fine was handed out !!! I think he was told (by the AD, University President or both) to apologize or hit the road. I may not be correct but that is what I think since he doubled down the next morning after the incident and didn't apologize then.

MEL

Posts: 2792 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com