TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Rothstein says landing either Kofi Cockburn or Jalen Duren is “imperative”

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rothstein says landing either Kofi Cockburn or Jalen Duren is “imperative”
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-10-2021 12:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With 12 scholarship players on the roster and depth across board, the Kentucky basketball roster looks strong as things stand going into 2021-22. When No. 1 overall high school prospect Jalen Duren – a serious reclassification candidate – and second-team All-American Kofi Cockburn emerged as potential options this summer, though, John Calipari’s hand was forced to explore both possibilities.

On one hand, you get a 6-foot-10, 245-pound college- and pro-ready prospect who is expected to be a top-three draft selection in 2022 in Duren. On the other, you get a 7-foot, 285-pound monster in the paint in Cockburn, a proven commodity and arguably the top big man in all of college basketball going into next season. Pick your poison, both players are immediate game-changers for Kentucky next season.

Add either, and UK not only becomes the favorite to win the SEC, but the program solidifies itself as a top-tier team in all of college basketball with a shot at the title.

The competition will be strong within the conference, but the added presence of either monster post standout would separate the Wildcats from the pack.

“If you can add (Kofi) Cockburn or Jalen Duren, you’ve got a team that is a consensus favorite in the SEC,” college basketball insider Jon Rothstein told KSR on Thursday. “For me, for Kentucky to get separation from the rest of those other teams (within the conference) – right now I think one through seven or one through eight is very close – I think landing either Cockburn or Duren is imperative.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com