TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Calipari and Davion Mintz comment on return

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calipari and Davion Mintz comment on return
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-01-2021 04:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great news for the Cats!

Davion Mintz is returning to the Kentucky Wildcats for his final season of eligibility for the 2021-22 year.

By doing so, Mintz will be the first Wildcat to return to school after leading the team in scoring average the previous season since Randolph Morris led the 2005-06 squad and came back to Kentucky for the 2006-07 season.

Additionally, in terms of total points scored (not scoring average), Kentucky has not had its leading scorer return since Keith Bogans led the 2000-01 squad and came back to Lexington for the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons.

“First of all, I want to thank everyone for the support they have provided me the last couple of months while I pursued my dream of playing professionally,” Mintz said in a press release. “I really appreciate the support from my coaches, my teammates and my family while I went through this process. I wanted to give it a real shot and I feel like I did that. I know that I am ready and closer to my ultimate goal of playing in the NBA.

“Having said that, my heart has guided me back to Kentucky for one more year. I want another season on the national stage to prove that I am ready to play at the highest level. I can’t wait to get back to Lexington with my teammates and experience the full effect of Big Blue Nation. It’s time to get back to work.”

The 6-3 guard will return to Kentucky after leading the team in total points (288), 3-pointers (56), assists (77) and double-figure scoring games (17). He averaged 11.5 points per game, including 16.7 points per outing over the last six games, shot 37.8% from deep, and dished out a team-best 3.1 assists per game.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 07-01-2021 05:56 PM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great news. This kid is class.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1789 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-01-2021 08:57 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow.

Is Tshiewbe can anchor the paint, we have one heck of a loaded team. If he can't, we should run like gazelles and play like the '96 team.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-02-2021 11:54 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No doubt about it the Cats will be back, no 9-16 record this season!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-03-2021 10:16 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Having Mintz and Allen next year give us some really good 3-point shooting. Now hopefully any of the other guards are better than BJ Boston.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-03-2021 04:42 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that both Mintz and Allen will have a hard time getting on the floor. Grady and Fredrick and Washington are all excellent shooters.

One thing for sure, the only thing that will keep us from hitting a lot of threes is Calipari.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com