TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cats could have guard situation locked up by the end of the weekend

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats could have guard situation locked up by the end of the weekend
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-11-2021 08:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Going into the month of May, the Kentucky men’s basketball team had zero point guards signed on for the 2021-22 season following the decommitment of five-star guard Nolan Hickman Jr.

Just two weeks later, however, the Wildcats appear to be on the cusp of adding not one, but two point guard prospects in the very near future.

2021 five-star guard TyTy Washington is scheduled to make his commitment on Saturday, and all signs are pointing to Kentucky for the nation’s No. 12 overall prospect and No. 2 point guard in the latest ESPN player rankings. KSR spent the weekend in Memphis at the Iverson Classic with Washington in attendance, and several sources close to the five-star guard and those familiar with his recruitment felt extremely confident in UK’s chances. When talking roster scenarios and other potential additions with those in recruiting circles – we’ll get to that in a second – Washington was continually brought up as an anticipated signee rather than a possible option in the backcourt.

“I followed them throughout this past year, like hey, it’s Kentucky. Everybody wants to watch Kentucky,” Washington told KSR this weekend. “And me being a basketball head – I like watching basketball – so when I watched them play, I felt like they were just missing a few things that I’m capable of doing. If I were to go there, I think I’d be able to help them.”

UK signees Bryce Hopkins and Daimion Collins also spent the weekend recruiting Washington, with the former telling KSR that Kentucky has a “good chance” to land the five-star guard.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com