TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Iowa Transfer CJ Fredrick Signs with Kentucky

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iowa Transfer CJ Fredrick Signs with Kentucky
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-05-2021 06:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Iowa transfer CJ Fredrick, a sharpshooter who made nearly 50% of his 3-point attempts in his two seasons of competition with the Hawkeyes, has signed with the Kentucky men's basketball team.

Fredrick, a 6-foot-3 guard from Cincinnati, averaged 8.8 points per game in 52 appearances with Iowa.

He signed official paperwork with UK this week. Under a new NCAA transfer rule, which allows all student-athletes a one-time transfer with immediate eligibility, Fredrick will be immediately eligible for the Wildcats for the 2021-22 season.

"I am very excited for this new opportunity in my basketball career," Fredrick said. "I really appreciate the confidence Coach Cal has in me. I am looking forward to going to work and developing as a player with Coach Cal, the staff and my future teammates. Thank you to Coach (Fran) McCaffery, the staff, my teammates and Iowa fans for three memorable years. I cannot wait to get back on the floor at Rupp Arena to help this team win and make Big Blue Nation proud."

Fredrick is the third transfer Kentucky has added to its roster for next season over the last three-plus months. Forward Oscar Tshiebwe, a sophomore this past season, joined the program in late January from West Virginia, and Davidson guard Kellan Grady, a graduate transfer, announced his decision in late March.

"CJ Fredrick is an established college player from a terrific program who has competed at the highest level and has made big shots and big plays," UK head coach John Calipari said. "As we all know, CJ is a terrific shooter, but what stuck out to make on tape is he takes care of the ball – he has an excellent assist-to-turnover ratio – and he can hold his own defensively. He guarded the best guard on the other team in just about everything I have seen.

"What I love about CJ is his approach in all of this. In every conversation I have had with him, he has a great plan of how he wants to improve and where he needs to take his game to get better. He wants to be challenged, he wants to be coached and he embraces competition."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-06-2021 09:20 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just found a video of Fredericks 20-21 season and am more impressed after watching it. This kid can shoot the 3 from another state! He has as much range as anyone I've seen lately. He can drive the ball and make the basket. And he looks like he knows how to play some tight defense. Glad we got him. He should be a lot better than Hickman.
Posts: 14161 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-06-2021 01:59 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bama, sounds great.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
bnewt
Player
Member # 311

posted 05-06-2021 02:25 PM      Profile for bnewt     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
let's just hope that Cal gives him the playing time

--------------------
May God Guide and Guard the USA!

Posts: 190 | From: Shepherdsville, Ky USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 05-09-2021 02:28 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if he can shoot----take care of the ball and play defense----and Cal dont play him after the last season we had--it will be his last one in KY

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-09-2021 08:21 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, he can shoot and we need that.. I don’t think he is particularly good at creating his own shot. In Cal’s offense, that causes me some concern.
Posts: 5400 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-09-2021 10:07 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uhhhhh, when you come down the court and put it up from 3 or 4 feet beyond the 3 pt line I don't think there is much creation to find. His 20-21 season video shows his range as well as his ability to drive and hit the open man. With the guys I think we are going to have he should have a great season.
Posts: 14161 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-09-2021 11:41 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shooters shoot - its up to the play called to get him open. Just like Curry, who flips it up from anywhere and it goes in. SHooter..Anyway my concern also like Handy

[ 05-09-2021, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-09-2021 12:07 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is uk going to have enough balls to go around for everyone ???

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-09-2021 01:31 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MEL:
Is uk going to have enough balls to go around for everyone ???

MEL

UK has a lot of balls.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-09-2021 06:26 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wasn't talking about that kind Norm !!! lol

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com