TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Ron “Chin” Coleman to join John Calipari’s staff

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ron “Chin” Coleman to join John Calipari’s staff
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-03-2021 06:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
John Calipari has a lot of changes to make leading up to the 2021-22 season after the Kentucky Wildcats suffered through a 9-16 record this past season.

We have already seen him changing the types of players that he is bringing in, as he has landed Davidson transfer Kellan Grady, and is rumored to be the landing spot for Iowa Hawkeyes transfer CJ Fredrick. Both players are known for their shooting abilities.

Aside from the changes in players, Calipari is going to be making major staff changes as well, and it appears one of them is all but done, and it will also be coming from the Big Ten.

According to Chris Fisher of Cats Pause, Kentucky is hiring Illinois assistant coach Ron “Chin” Coleman, who has been with the Fighting Illini since 2017. Coleman has reportedly informed Illinois he’s heading to Lexington.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-03-2021 06:38 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy, you would probably know more about Illinois basketball than any of us... what is the scoop on this guy? Will he help Cal get our team back to winning?

Also, I am worried about losing Hickman. I know Bama seems unconcerned, but Mintz is a combo guard (if he comes back at all), and Frederick is an off-guard. I guess Grady could play the point, but I sure would like a pass-first PG.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-03-2021 07:47 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, I honestly don’t know much about him. Antiqua was the one most Illini fans wanted to keep. I’m glad he is back with UK, at least by the reports I’ve seen.

UK will always be my #1 team but I admit to being an Illinois fan as well. It’s pretty darn nice to feel like you know the players.

I share your concern about a point guard. If Mintz doesn’t come back I believe we may be in trouble. I hope Bama is right and Cal will pull a point guard out of his ass, err, I mean hat.

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-03-2021 10:49 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have half the coaches we're going to get and soon should have Orlando on board. Next come the players. I don't think Mintz will get to hear what he is looking for from his check with the NBA. They may tell him he could possibly make it with one more season at UK, but.......that it's not a done deal. So I still feel Mintz will be back, or he could make a mistake and leave, but I sure wouldn't be in a hurry when I need one more year for a Masters Degree. Not so sure about Frederick being our PG blessing. They talk about his shooting but it was not outstanding last year. And another stretch could be Allen at PG. When he gets to feeling secure he handles the ball pretty good.
Posts: 14111 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com