TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Terrence Clarke died today

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terrence Clarke died today
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-22-2021 10:13 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is with a heavy heat that we pass along the following news. WKYT is reporting that former Wildcat Terrence Clarke passed away after a car accident this afternoon in California. He was on the way home from a workout with former teammate BJ Boston, who was in the car behind him. Clarke was only 19 years old.

The Massachusetts native committed to Kentucky back on September 14, 2019 after a prolific career at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire. He was a consensus five-star recruit and ranked as high as No. 8 in the final Rivals’ rankings, making the McDonald’s All American Game, the Allen Iverson Roundball Classic and the Jordan Brand Classic. He was named 2020 England Preparatory School Athletic Council AAA Player of the Year and led Brewster Academy to the 2019 National Prep Championships and had his team back in the 2020 finals before the remainder of the event was canceled due to the pandemic. He chose the Cats over Duke, Memphis, Boston College, UCLA, and Texas Tech.

“I chose Kentucky because of the legacy,” Clarke said when he signed with Kentucky. “I want to be a part of this history and leave my mark on a program that has helped other players reach their full potential in college and maximize their time at Kentucky. Looking back at players like Devin Booker, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Jamal Murray, Tyler Herro and even more, their next step was not certain until they put in the work at Kentucky and made it happen on the big stage. That’s a challenge I want to take on and work for to be the best me next year.”

Due to a right leg injury, Clarke played in only eight games at Kentucky, making six starts and averaging 9.6 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game. He declared for the NBA Draft last month, foregoing his eligibility. He signed with an agency, Klutch Sports, just yesterday.

“As an adolescent, having the privilege to put on the Kentucky uniform and play in front of the BBN was always a lifelong goal of mine,” Clarke said when he declared for the Draft. “Although it was hindered due to things out of my own control, the experience is something I will keep with me forever. I have grown a lot with this experience and I will never take it for granted. After discussing it with my family, I have decided to renounce my eligibility and declare for the NBA Draft. I had high expectations coming into this season and, of course, didn’t expect to be injured, which I understand is part of the game. Thank you to Coach Cal, the coaching staff and my teammates! BBN, I hope to make you all proud as I pursue my dreams.”

Prior to his injury, Clarke was one Kentucky’s biggest weapons, scoring in double figures in four of his first five games. In his college debut, he had 12 points, four assists and three steals in Kentucky’s rout of Morehead State. His best performance came against Georgia Tech, in which he finished with 22 points and three assists, going 9-14 from the floor with three 3-pointers. Although recruited as a shooting guard, he shared point guard duties with Devin Askew and Davion Mintz, giving the Cats the ability to attack the rim they so desperately needed. He scored 15 points and grabbed six rebounds vs. Richmond and posted 14 points with three assists vs. Notre Dame.

After suffering his leg injury vs. North Carolina, Clarke played through the pain vs. Louisville before being sidelined for the conference season. Even while out, he was the consummate teammate, offering his peers encouragement on the sidelines as he worked towards recovery. Once cleared for action two months later, he returned in the Kentucky’s lone SEC Tournament game, finishing with two points and three assists in nine minutes in the loss to Mississippi State.

“The great thing for us and for him, one, he’s the first one on the floor, first one on the bus. He wants to do this for the team,” Calipari said ahead of Clarke’s return. “He understands that he may not play a game. Maybe he does, but maybe he doesn’t. He wants to do it for the team…It’s all about team for him. He said, “Whatever this team needs from me, I’m here. If I don’t play, I’m fine. If you want to put me in, fine, I’m ready to go.”

Our hearts break for Terrence Clarke’s family, friends, and the Kentucky Basketball program. Please keep in them in your thoughts and prayers tonight.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-22-2021 10:18 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my God. Prayers for his family. This is shocking and sad news.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-23-2021 02:24 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is so sad. Prayers for his family.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-23-2021 05:48 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gone too soon. Comfort and Blessings to his family.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-23-2021 07:25 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to the report he was not wearing his seatbelt properly. It hurts knowing he could've saved his own life by just wearing a seatbelt. Such a terrible loss of life. Only 19 years old.
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-23-2021 07:29 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Posts: 5403 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-23-2021 12:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
God Bless Terrence and his family, terrible news for sure.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-23-2021 08:28 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very sad news. Prayers for his family and friends everywhere. Just a shame we didn't get to see him for more than 8 games.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-23-2021 09:48 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, speed and not wearing his seat belt played into it plus running a stop sign. sad to say the least.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-24-2021 05:50 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone want to bet him and BJ were racing through the streets?

It doesn't take away from the fact that a life was lost, but I was a teenage boy once. I was well known for having a lead foot!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-24-2021 08:52 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Every time I hear of a young person in a car wreck I immediately think they were distracted by using their cell phone.
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 04-24-2021 09:10 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Incidents like this remind us of the brevity of life and the insignificance of sports in the big scheme of things.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-24-2021 10:16 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So right, EC. A friend of mine had a friend die at age 57 just a few weeks ago. My friend is 59 with a great job and a great life. But her friend's death hit her pretty hard. She decided to retire next Friday. I'm so happy for her. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-24-2021 12:44 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know how I don't alwatys npay attention when I am driving. Liile lapses ofr not concentrating when I should be. I don't know the full story but his time at UK was spent with some distraction also, on the NBA. Sorry to say sometimes impatients plays a part in your life.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-24-2021 07:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The accident happened at 2:10 PT on Winnetka Avenue.

LAPD says Clarke was traveling at a high rate of speed when he ran a red light, hit another car turning left, and continued on to then hit a pole and block wall.

Link

[ 04-24-2021, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-25-2021 12:38 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He must have been driving extremely fast. I watched the video that Catmandoo posted, the car looked like a smashed aluminum can.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com