TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Only 2 Cats listed in new ESPN NBA mock draft

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Only 2 Cats listed in new ESPN NBA mock draft
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-08-2021 09:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are a couple of months out from the NBA Draft, but one player has Kentucky Wildcats fans on their toes watching to see where he might get selected come July. That player is Isaiah Jackson.

With his dad confirming recently that if his son is not a top-14 pick, a return to Lexington is very possible. As you can imagine, fans have been watching draft boards like a hawk to see where his name pops up.

Well, the one today should be a reminder that no one should get their hopes up on seeing a sophomore Isaiah Jackson.

ESPN NBA writers Jonathan Givony and Mike Schmitz have updated their latest mock draft, and they have Jackson going 11th overall to the Toronto Raptors. His range on draft boards is currently anywhere from the 11-19 mark, and this is easily the highest projection he currently has.

BJ Boston also made an appearance in the two-round mock draft, coming in at 36th overall to the Pelicans. Terrence Clarke, Keion Brooks, Davion Mintz and Olivier Sarr were not listed among the top-60 prospects, according to ESPN, and would likely go undrafted as of today.

Another name that did not end up making the top 60 is Minnesota transfer Marcus Carr. With rumors of Kentucky being a potential landing spot if he decides to return to college, not seeing his name on the list could quite possibly leave the door cracked open to see him in Lexington next season.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-09-2021 12:54 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With Car's numbers at UM, if he isn't in the top 60, do we really want him?

[ 04-09-2021, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-09-2021 01:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Car's stats at Minnesota last season were 19.4 points per game, 4 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 80% from the line and 38.5% from the field and 31.7& from the 3 point line.

--------------------

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-09-2021 03:01 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Exactly. And not a whiff of NBA interest. Wonder why?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-09-2021 03:39 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've seen some pretty good college players that just aren't cut out for the pros. UK has had many that I've seen in my lifetime.
Posts: 10319 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-09-2021 08:30 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Look no further than the 38 and 31 percent's. that's horrible shooting..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-10-2021 09:08 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I wonder how he averaged 19+ points shooting 38%. He either shoots too much or he gets fouled a lot. Cal likes guys who get fouled a lot.
Posts: 10319 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-11-2021 12:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I goy my money on he takes alot of bad shots.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com