TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Sean Miller has been fired by Arizona

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sean Miller has been fired by Arizona
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-07-2021 03:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have some big news in the college basketball world.

According to Jeff Goodman, the Arizona Wildcats have parted ways with basketball coach Sean Miller after 12 seasons with the program.

Miller was caught up in the middle of the FBI investigation into college basketball and was charged with head coach responsibility for failure to promote atmosphere compliance.

Despite this charge, the administration at Arizona stuck with and supported Miller for the last four years.

Former Kentucky Wildcats guard Jemarl Baker transferred to Arizona after his one season in Lexington.

Back on March 25th, Baker announced that he would be transferring once again and leaving Arizona. Maybe Baker knew that the news about Miller being fired was coming and knew it was time to move on.

Miller was one of the coaches that I could not believe still had a job after all of the findings of the FBI. Now, four years later, Arizona has decided to move on from the Miller era.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-07-2021 05:15 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That took way too long to happen !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-07-2021 08:08 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel after the academic improprieties that took place at UNC I would've thought you'd be the last person to respond about the NCAA taking action on a team with improper indiscretions going on!

OH, I forgot, African American Studies is a class everyone should receive an "A" in to boost their GPA!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-07-2021 08:31 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mh... the ncaa had no official position to be involved. It did not fall within their organizational enforcement. They were out of line to address it ... it fell within the educational officials not the ncaa. And if you read the transcripts you will know a lot more about what took place and happened.

MEL

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-07-2021 09:25 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mhamliton, Mel is right. It’s a North Carolina thing. In North Carolina, they have a different curriculum for college athletes. For example, Duke offers basket weaving while N Carolina State offers a course in African American hairstyles.

Sorry Mel, sometimes I can’t help myself.

[ 04-07-2021, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-07-2021 09:43 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is alright hc ...at least we don't pay our players. [Razz]

MEL

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-07-2021 09:53 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we’ve had this conversation before.

Just because you NC fans are such tight asses that you won’t pay them a living wage, don’t be bitter with us just because we pay better.

[ 04-07-2021, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-07-2021 10:26 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Children, children you must play nice so everyone is happy. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14165 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com