TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Two things.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two things.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-20-2021 03:23 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. How good was our defense today? Unbelievable!

2. How bad is UT? I don't know how they have as many quality wins as they do. I guess they're Jekyl and Hyde.

Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
1 Catlanta Fan
Player
Member # 1526

posted 02-20-2021 04:30 PM      Profile for 1 Catlanta Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Correct on 1 and 2! They looked good today, what I had expected all season, disappointing it hasn't been that year. I still have some new game wear, new magnets on my car, always a next year.
Posts: 141 | From: Huntsville, AL | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-20-2021 05:05 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The defense was great about 85% of the time. But TN was having trouble all game trying to hit baskets. What I can't understand is how this team can work the ball like they did in the first half and then have to fight to make plays in the second half. They just didn't work for the best shots in the second half and there were so many badly missed shots in the second half to go along with all the lay ups and 2 foot shots missed. I'm glad that every dog will have their day and today was one of ours. We should have a chance to win the final 3 games if we can find at least 1 hot shooter in each game.
Posts: 14174 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-20-2021 05:09 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey 1CF I see you joined this site about 2 months after I retired from Redstone Arsenal back in Sep 2001. I worked there 9 years before I finally retired.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-20-2021 05:41 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama,

Tennessee just started really pushing out our guards on defense, which totally disrupted our offensive rhythm. Good move by Barnes. We got very few open looks in the second half.

Plus, you can tell that Cal instructed them to eat clock in the second half. So, we stopped pushing it up the floor, instead walked it up. This allowed Tennessee to set up their defense. So, part on us, part on them.

That idea of eating up clock when you have a big lead may work well with veteran teams, but this team clearly thrives in a fast-paced tempo. I wish Cal would let them play.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-20-2021 06:51 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, if you notice, Mintz didn't score a single point in the second half of the game. UT made some adjustments to try and shut him down and push our guards further out! We held on for the win. Thankfully our defense was solid all game long!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-20-2021 07:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our defense held UT to 32% from the field.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
1 Catlanta Fan
Player
Member # 1526

posted 02-21-2021 07:27 AM      Profile for 1 Catlanta Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with Tiptree, this team seems to play much better with up-tempo; I hate it when Cal goes to slow ball with a lead, these Cats want to run, let em! I wish he would press after every score, create turnovers, I miss that from the mid 90s with a certain Coach!
Posts: 141 | From: Huntsville, AL | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-21-2021 11:11 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree fast is best for this team. I wonder how many times I said out loud during the second half "they're just eating the clock up trying to stay ahead until it runs out." If Cal doesn't start Toppin he's just hurting his own chances. Maybe Sarr needs to come off the bench?

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com