TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Tigers looking for season sweep of the Kentucky

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tigers looking for season sweep of the Kentucky
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-11-2021 01:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Auburn basketball Tigers will play their second road game of the week with a noon CST tipoff on Saturday at Rupp Arena, a place where the Tigers have only won twice in matchups vs. the Kentucky Wildcats. Coach Bruce Pearl's team will bring an 11-10 record into the contest that includes a 66-59 victory over the Wildcats on January 16th at Auburn Arena.

The Tigers ended a three-game losing streak on Tuesday night with a 73-67 victory at Vanderbilt. Kentucky fell to 5-13 for the season with an 81-80 home loss on Tuesday night vs. Arkansas. The Wildcats are 4-7 in SEC games while Auburn is 5-7.

Following the first meeting between the Tigers and Wildcats, Pearl said he liked what he saw. “Beating Kentucky is historic," he said. "I thought we had a great team effort. I thought our post guys did a terrific job fronting the post and keeping it out of there. Allen Flanigan was a man out there in every which way–rebounding, defensively, attacking the rim, using his physicality, willingness to take big shots, 8 for 8 from the foul line. You talk about a warrior."

Flanigan scored a game-high 21 points vs. Kentucky and was also the game's top rebounder with nine. Devan Cambridge scored 13 points with five rebounds and two steals for the Tigers while Sharife Cooper added 11 points and eight assists.

In this addition of the Fast Break, Jason Caldwell and Mark Murphy of Inside the Auburn Tigers discuss the opportunity Pearl's team has to do something no other Auburn team has accomplished.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-11-2021 02:08 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see no reason why they won't complete the sweep.

Anybody see something I am missing?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-11-2021 04:10 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Even though we were losing I thought we had a pretty good defensive team. But the last four games we have given up 70 points or more (including 80+ in the last two games). We may be figuring some things out on offense, but our defense is now pretty bad. I'm with you, Tip - I see nothing that says we'll win this one.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-11-2021 05:07 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm still thinking UK will win. The law of averages has to kick in at some point,

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com