TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » This Team is not Giving Up and Neither Should You

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This Team is not Giving Up and Neither Should You
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-07-2021 06:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Loyalty has never been a question for Kentucky fans, yet this season has pushed some to their limit. After the Wildcats’ third loss in a row coming to Tennessee on Sunday night, there was no shortage of criticisms. Despite the noise, head coach John Calipari is still holding onto this season.

After Kentucky’s 12th heartbreaking loss of the season, some tough questions were thrown Calipari’s way. One of these questions came from The Athletic’s Kyle Tucker, who referred to next season and Calipari potentially looking beyond the present circumstances. Calipari responded swiftly and directly, to say the least.

“I’m worried about next game, Kyle,” Calipari said. “I’m not worried about postseason, conference tournament—Look, we’re not that far off. We just played three ranked teams and we had a chance to beat them all.”

Although Calipari may be holding out hope for a late-season miracle, many fans are tapping out, and honestly, it’s upsetting. I’ve grown up around Kentucky basketball and this season has shown some of the worst sides of Big Blue Nation. Being a Kentucky fan is about being steadfast, not booing your own team when the going gets tough.

Being a Kentucky fan is about being proud of the history of your program, not turning your back on the coach who contributed so much to it. There’s no doubt Calipari has struggled this season. Whether it be on the court or on the microphone, he’s undoubtedly made some mistakes. But, I can assure you Calipari hasn’t forgotten the history of this program.

“I owe it to these kids and this program to do whatever I can to get this thing flipped around,” Calipari said.

Being a Kentucky fan is leaving recruits in awe of BBN’s support, not driving them away in fear of a negative environment and hounding the players who are already Wildcats. And if you think the players are planning to surrender the season and look to the future, you’d be wrong there as well. Keion Brooks Jr., for one, is still going to leave it all on the court every time he suits up.

“I’m eager to go out there to give it everything I got,” Brooks said. “My teammates, as well. Everyday we still come and work hard and practice hard. We listen to our coaching staff and do everything we can to try to win these ball games.

“Quite frankly, it’s just not happening for us, but it’s not due to a lack of effort or a lack of trying.”

This team is still going to give everything they have to honor the blue and white. The question is are Kentucky fans willing to do the same?

BBN is the ‘Cats’ 6th man and always has been. And with the “starters” struggling, Kentucky needs its 6th man’s help more now than ever. Through blood, sweat, and tears, Kentucky has brought BBN countless happy memories throughout the years. It’s time to pay it forward and help deliver this team some lifelong memories of their own.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-07-2021 07:03 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Look, we’re not that far off. We just played three ranked teams and we had a chance to beat them all.
This is what we are used to hearing from opposing coaches after a UK win.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-07-2021 08:41 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And now it's our turn. But we don't have to like it. I'll still be back next year hoping for a better team.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-08-2021 12:27 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don’t question the effort that is being given that is not the problem. The issue is the guards just are not SEC/ACC/Big10 talented. They are what they are and Cal and his band of misfit assistants have done nothing to compensate for that.

Cal wants a “dagger thrower” in the game to end games. He only has one potentially dagger thrower on the roster and 99% of the time he has him on the bench the last 5 minutes of a game.

The talent is not good and the coaching has been worse.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-08-2021 07:35 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal is saying that he needs dagger throwers. Well there's only one thing stopping him from having them - YOU GOTTA RECRUIT THEM!!!
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-08-2021 09:59 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC, you nailed it..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 02-09-2021 05:00 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
after coach cal---and this team took a knee--i hope ever dam one of them leave---including the coach

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com