TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Sarr leads the world in Moving Screens

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sarr leads the world in Moving Screens
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-06-2021 09:54 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet he has been called for 20 of them this year. Shows the lack of basketball IQ. It is so bad he can’t figure out how to set a simple screen.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11553 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-06-2021 10:17 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THe last 1 he received this evening wasn't much of a moving screen. Replay shows he got there early and waited for contact!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-06-2021 10:25 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
THe last 1 he received this evening wasn't much of a moving screen. Replay shows he got there early and waited for contact!

I disagree. I thought he could have been called for two moving screens on that play. The first one they let go, but the second knee they did not.

Once again. Cal needs to say to himself, "This guy has been called for so many moving screens that I can't put him in a position to screen".

No he keeps calling the play for him to come and screen. It boggles my mind.

I'm done watching for the year. Absolutely zero improvement from the players and absolutely zero coaching from Cal and his lackluster staff of former players.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-07-2021 04:15 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This has been a problem with UK big men the last several years. They never set a solid screen. They run up, and roll before the defender ever hits them. Seems like this would be something coaches would teach how to do correctly.
Posts: 5425 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-07-2021 04:53 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"No he keeps calling the play for him to come and screen. It boggles my mind."

Trey with all due respect, that is not a "play" it is part of the offense where whomever is in the middle or the same side of the offense, that perssn will set a screen for the guard. Sarr is always too late or the guard is too soon. It breaks down because of that. (imo)

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-07-2021 07:52 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tend to agree with Ed. Our timing on screens is terrible, with equal blame to the screeners and the guards.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13600 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 02-07-2021 08:32 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That should be something the coaches can fix. It's a basic skill that the players should know, and if they don't, it should be able to be taught by a coach getting 9 million a year.
Posts: 5425 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-07-2021 10:46 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The problem with Sarr is that he always sticks his leg out at the last second. Just stand there! No need to do that. He gets set in time but he just can't stop that extra leg movement at the last second. In the SEC they'll call that all day. In the ACC and Big10 it'll never get called.
Posts: 10330 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-08-2021 12:20 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
"No he keeps calling the play for him to come and screen. It boggles my mind."

Trey with all due respect, that is not a "play" it is part of the offense where whomever is in the middle or the same side of the offense, that perssn will set a screen for the guard. Sarr is always too late or the guard is too soon. It breaks down because of that. (imo)

Yes I know. That being said. If I were the coach after seeing him continually not be able to set a high screen out in space I would tell him “If you attempt to set a screen out there you are coming out”. He simply cannot do it.

Sarr shouldn’t even be seeing the court now. Play your young guys and get ready for next year, but Cal is going to play him more to try and help him out as a professional.

[ 02-08-2021, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com