TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » How bad is UK’s offense?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How bad is UK’s offense?
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-20-2021 09:11 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Georgia was giving up 90 points per game during SEC play. Only Montana has managed to score less than UK this year.

UK may not win another game this basketball season.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-20-2021 09:15 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal needs to go to some coaching clinics this summer to learn some offensive sets to run. Maybe even some drills to work on moving without the ball, passing drills, you know complicated stuff like that. Oh,and how the heck to actually set a screen. That would help our offense. I'm so sick of seeing guys run up and then move as the defender gets near them. Sometimes it's for a pointless roll that does nothing. How does a coach have a team that doesn't know how to properly set screens? No one is open because the offense sucks, and we don't set screens.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-20-2021 10:05 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's too late for this year but my thought would be to start back with the fundamentals to get ready for next year. We'll probably lose at least 3 to transfer next year. Fletcher for one will be gone and most likely 2 more.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-21-2021 06:30 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No PG to drive and dish. I don’t think this team wins 10 games this year.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-21-2021 08:23 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Offense" doesn't seem to apply to UK sports. Our football team struggled to put up points, and our basketball team can't seem to shoot.

I think that this team is about over the edge psychologically, and will just collapse. Cal seems to be there too. I regret if our board has had any part in this, but the facts are what they are.

Regroup, Cal. Teach fundamentals. Experiment with *gasp* a new offense. You may as well build for next year, because this one is going nowhere.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2021 08:29 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At the rate we are going we'll be lucky to win double digit games this year!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-21-2021 09:35 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal made the bed he now has to lie in. His approach to college coaching is the reason he's taking a beating from the fans and the media. I feel not one bit sorry for him. If anything, I hope he learns a lesson from this season. But i doubt it...
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-21-2021 10:13 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In case he doesn't realize it athleticism doesn't win you a ball game. Putting the ball thru the hoop is how you win at this game. You can use those other attributes to help you score but it's the actually scoring that wins games. He told us when the season started that he didn't have any shooters on this team and we didn't worry about it. Now we understand what he was talking about.

Another point I want to make is I think they were keeping the ball away from Allen maybe the last two games. They always gave it to him when he was covered. They were always too busy looking for a shot.

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-23-2021 05:42 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Florida scores 92 against UGA today. I still can’t believe that UK’s offense is so bad that they can only manage 62 points against a team that plays almost zero defense.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-24-2021 08:15 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah but our shooting is still not what it needs to be. But it was hard to get to 80. We should have reached at least 90 against that team, plus a few others.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com