TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » This says it all...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This says it all...
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-16-2021 04:16 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/deaaron-fox-says-john-calipari-couldnt-give-a-damn-about-winning-college-basketball-games/

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-16-2021 04:30 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have felt for the last few years now that Cal is much more interested in getting players to the NBA than he is winning national championships for uk. These statements by Fox pretty much confirm my suspicions.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-16-2021 04:35 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agreed. As Fox said, by becoming a way-stop for talented players, UK can usually win a lot of games, but it takes more than talented freshmen to weather the ordeal of the NCAA tournament.

All of our really good teams have had some sort of veteran nucleus. Cal MUST change his thinking or we may never see another championship.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-16-2021 04:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen a final four in 6 years now!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-16-2021 05:09 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal’s argument is that if we treat these kids right, they will play well and take us to Final Fours and Championships. I’ve got news for him. There isn’t enough “right” available to cause Boston and Clark to take us anywhere near a Final Four. Shoot, we’re not even going to the tournament. Something is going to have to change. This is unacceptable.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-16-2021 05:37 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Calipari and Saban are both the top recruiters in their sports. Both have the most amount of pro players come from their programs. However, Alabama has 6 championships in i think 12 years. We have 1 in 11. I know it's maybe harder in basketball, but we should have 2 or 3, certainly not one. Look at all the talent that has come through. Also, Saban has won because he has adapted to the game. He was the biggest detractor of the rules that allowed the offense to go quick. But then he adapted because he saw the way the game was going. Calipari has not adapted, and has not adapted the way he recruits. I do not think we will win another championship with Cal. As this report says we may win a good amount of games, but we will not win championships. I have grown tired of getting the top recruiting classes and then see it turn into nothing. I could care less if we are first in recruiting. Just recruit the best TEAM, and go after championships. If he would adapt his coaching and recruiting, I would be thrilled because I think we would see great results. I am glad this season will be short, and wouldn't mind a few games being canceled because this team is just not fun to watch.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-16-2021 05:51 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal has done absolutely nothing the last six years. He's got to go.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-16-2021 06:03 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good post, ukman. I agree with all you say.

Would it be too much to ask if Cal:

1. Recruited some top-notch shooters instead of just "athletes"

2. Focused on winning championships instead of "winning" the NBA lottery

3. Updated his offense to match the current state of the game.

4. Actually coached his players instead of holding their hand in the brief span between enrolling and the NBA draft.

5. Was as devoted to the university and fans as they are to this program.

--------------------
Tiptree

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-16-2021 07:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal isn't going to change, so what's next?

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-16-2021 10:24 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
???? Lose a few games until the AD and President get fed up as much as we are.
Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-17-2021 08:59 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe it can be like Harbaugh and they cut at least his salary in half to 4.5 million.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com