TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Tshiebwe will arrive in coming days, ready to make impact in practice

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tshiebwe will arrive in coming days, ready to make impact in practice
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-15-2021 04:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oscar Tshiebwe will be in Lexington shortly.

After committing to the program Sunday evening, Kentucky officially announced the signing Friday, adding that the West Virginia transfer would be joining the team as a practice player the remainder of the season before suiting up in 2021-22.

Unsurprisingly, it’s an addition UK head coach John Calipari is excited about both immediately and in the long term.

“I loved Oscar out of high school, we recruited him. We loved his effort, his intensity, all his fight,” Calipari said Friday afternoon. “I just said, “That’s what you’ve got to bring here. The most important thing will be that. You bring all that, we’ll try to help in any way we can. We’ll be about you, you be about these guys, you be about elevating everything around you here.” It was a pretty direct conversation, there was no, “You’re going to do this, we’re going to have you do this,” basically none of that. It was more about what this culture is about here.

“We’re excited, I’m excited to have him here.”

Calipari is specifically excited about Tshiebwe’s experience playing under West Virginia coach and close friend Bob Huggins.

“Bob and I have talked. I texted him. The people that we had talked to with Oscar were Bob Huggins fans, so that’s why I never picked up the phone and called him. But since then we have talked by phone,” Calipari said. “Just being in that environment, being coached by Bob, who – in my mind – is a Hall of Famer. Having that background before he comes here is good.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com