TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » DISHONORED!!!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DISHONORED!!!!!!
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-09-2021 09:19 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[Mad] i DON'T SEE A WORD ABOUT WHAT WE DIDN'T GET TO SEE TODAY BEFORE THE GAME. It's all over the web but I don't see where anyone on here has seen it, or they're just not posting it.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, the whole UK team and all the coaches knelt for the national anthem today showing what kind of team we have.

I AM VERY DISHONORED AND MY 25 YEARS IN THE AIR FORCE HAS ALSO BEEN DISHONORED. I don't care that Cal approved of it and joined in it also. It looks like they can't wait to get out of here and start playing in the NBA where crap like this is gotten away with.

It has everything to do with BLM and liberal brainwashing after the fiasco in DC this week. It only glorifies ANTIFA and other rioters.

They care nothing about what the military has done for them and what they are allowed to do, such as this kneeling because of the wars that have been fought to allow them to get scholarships and play basketball.

I'll still post on here and I'll check the score after the game but I'll not watch or attend as long as these players are here and as long as Cal is here. This may not hurt their popularity and then again I'll be waiting for their apology for dishonoring my military service. I guess it's their age and little experience in the real world that causes this. SHAMEFUL!!!!!

Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-09-2021 09:45 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess you missed where Cal came out in full support of BLM earlier this summer.

It is a dishonor. I am sick of it.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 01-09-2021 09:49 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama,
I am not certain and up-to-date about kneeling during the national anthem. To me, that may be a way of giving thanks to God for our country and its freedom and the blessings we enjoy every day.

I am not trying to start an argument. I just don't see or understand the negative aspect of kneeling during the national anthem.

I do thank you and any veteran who has served our country.

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-09-2021 09:52 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The kneeling in question is actually a refusal to stand in honor of the national anthem. It is a form of protest over supposed "institutional racism".

It has NO PLACE in sports, IMO. If you want to protest on your own time, feel free. Don't bring politics to poison on of the few things that blacks and whites together could enjoy.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 01-09-2021 10:04 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip,
I DO NOT AGREE with any refusal to honor our national anthem.
I was not aware of what the kneeling meant.

I am opposed to my team doing that.

FairfieldCat
Player
Member # 2897

posted 01-09-2021 10:47 PM      Profile for FairfieldCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Bama. I would also like to thank him for his service along with my brother, grandson, and two nephews.
Posts: 304 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 01-10-2021 07:14 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i think cal---thinks he is bigger then ky and the ky fan base----this is just me---but i think its time for him to go---KENTUCKY BASKETBALL will survive

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-10-2021 09:10 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Despicable on two counts.
1. Institutional racism is a thing of the past. Do you really think a radical black man could be elected to the US Senate in GEORGIA if we were a racist nation?

2. Kneeling (under these false pretenses) dishonors every veteran who sacrificed his or her life for the freedoms we enjoy.

As a retired (20 years US Army) veteran, this behavior turns my stomach. Not sure how I will look at this team moving forward. Deeply disappointed.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-10-2021 10:06 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad to see there are others who have the same opinion of what this team has done. They are very near sighted. They only see what people tell them they see instead of being old enough to look at the situation themselves, or if they have they are very mixed up. Cal said he wants the team to run itself. Well that is what they are doing He's the one getting $8 million a year. To do what? Let them act like 4 year old children? Because that's what they are doing. They are not old enough (maybe intelligent enough) to look at the big picture and see where this country is really at.
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 01-10-2021 04:02 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kneel for the Lord and stand for our Flag !!!

MEL

Posts: 2789 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-10-2021 04:31 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am a proud veteran - I have zero respect for anyone who kneels for the playing of our National Anthem! No excuses - no exceptions!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 01-10-2021 04:59 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too am a proud Air Force Veteran and I will never root for Kentucky basketball again as long as Cal is the Coach there. To me, this is a disgrace to our country and Kentucky basketball. Kneel to pray, stand for the flag. I don't care if this team do not win another game this year.

[ 01-10-2021, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 01-10-2021 06:51 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did not see the kneeling event. However, from what I am reading on this site, it was a terrible thing for the players and the coaches to do.
I do believe that the UK administration should take some action against those involved.

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-10-2021 07:01 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't believe the administration has the GUTS to do anything. This whole country is becoming brainwashed and Georgia is leading the pack. The Liberals want to kiss and make up while they're stabbing us.......and the youth in the back. It's the same in everything including college basketball. Mr. Calipari is going to find that he has a itty bitty Blue Nation over this. I hope he comes to his senses and makes an apology for not being man enough to stand up for his country instead of a dozen kids who have very little worldly knowledge. [Mad]
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-11-2021 12:26 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For whatever reason Cal joined the team in kneeling, it worked for him. He got the #1 transfer in basketball. I think he would sell his soul for a top recruit. I wish he would retire.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-11-2021 09:59 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree. Retirement would be the best option for everyone. After so long even a good thing will go downhill. Even Cal's usefulness is on the decline and we are ready to give another young coach a chance. Even Rupp was on the downhill when UK put the age factor to retire him. I know someone with the Knicks who would probably be ready to take his place in a minute.
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 01-11-2021 02:07 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No one should ever kneel for the national anthem. If you want to protest something, find another peaceful avenue.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 01-11-2021 05:15 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To hear them say that their intent was not to dishonor or disrespect the flag is laughable. Why do we “Stand” during the National Anthem? To honor the flag and the nation. They can kneel after the game if they want to make a statement. Deeply disappointed in Cal for allowing this to happen.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com