TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Brooks - Huge improvement with him on the floor

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brooks - Huge improvement with him on the floor
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-09-2021 07:53 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. Amazed how much better UK looked today with Keion on the floor.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-09-2021 08:03 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This looked like a totally different team. Can one player make that big of a difference?

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9800 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-09-2021 09:47 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Two players.

First Allen opened it up with his shooting.

Then Brooks brought his savvy to the frontcourt.

I like the way this team played tonight (although I only saw the first half of the first half). I thought they showed great poise, improved defensive intensity, and the offense was fluid.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
WildcatFanatic
Player
Member # 2932

posted 01-09-2021 10:13 PM      Profile for WildcatFanatic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They looked like a different team. Brooks was in top form. Assists and selfless play was abundant. Eighteen assists! The only part I didn't care for was Cal slowing it down with 10 minutes to go. That took some of the air out of the rally. We still won by 18 pts. The team had a new spring in their step and new confidence. It will be a tough week ahead. Alabama Tues. night at home. Go Cats! BOX SCORE
Posts: 1531 | From: Lexington, Ky | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-10-2021 07:43 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We had a short stretch where the ball handling got sketchy trying to break the press, but I think overall handled the press fairly well.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-10-2021 10:12 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
........Allen was lost the second half. I believe he got one shot and I don't think it was a 3. He touched the ball very little in the second half and they didn't seem to be looking for him. Cal probably told them to go inside and Allen was just a decoy to keep his man away from the basket.
Posts: 14176 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-10-2021 11:21 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What impressed me about the Cats was their consistent scoring. We had 4 players in double figures and two players with 9 points. Our defense played well too holding Florida to 58 points and only two players with double points, Duruji 15 and Appleby with 10!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 01-10-2021 12:49 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The spacing and movement was sooo much better than the previous games. And I noticed Cal went away from running his usual Circle offense, until the last 8 minutes when we stalled, but that's another story. I wonder if he saw the article with the NBA exec ripping UK's archaic offense. Whatever it was, they sure looked good. The selfless play and passing was awesome. This was the first game this season I have really enjoyed watching it.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com