TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Allen adjusting to being on scouting report

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Allen adjusting to being on scouting report
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-08-2021 05:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When Dontaie Allen exploded onto the scene with a 23-point outburst against Mississippi State, he was barely known outside Kentucky’s inner circle. Now the Pendleton County product is one of the top threats Kentucky offers.

That was obvious based off the way Vanderbilt guarded Allen compared to Mississippi State’s defense. He only made two threes on five attempts and had little room to work with as the Commodores did everything they could do prevent a repeat of Allen’s breakout performance.

“I noticed later, against Vandy, it was more of a face guard, so I'm going to have to do things to get open,” Allen said. “Maybe it’s running hard or maybe taking different routes. I feel like the first team really wasn’t as prepared the but the second team was a little more.”

Regardless of how many threes Allen hits against Florida on Saturday or anyone else this season, he is likely not going to have as much leeway as his did against Mississippi State. Allen realizes that but is not worried of what defenses could throw at him.

“In high school I was getting triple teamed so there’s not really much different,” Allen said. “It’s on a different level so it’s going to be an adjustment and I'm just going to have to work harder to get open. I'm just going to do anything to help my team win to be honest.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com