TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Dontaie Allen urges fans to “stay positive” with BJ Boston

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dontaie Allen urges fans to “stay positive” with BJ Boston
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-08-2021 03:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
t’s been a few days since the crowd at Rupp Arena booed BJ Boston towards the end of the first half vs. Vanderbilt, but it’s still on the minds of the Kentucky Basketball team. This morning, Dontaie Allen was asked about the moment and echoed John Calipari’s plea for fans to support the freshman.

“Yeah, I don’t like that,” Allen said of the boos. “That’s my teammate, that’s my brother. At the end of the day I’m always going to have his back. I feel like everyone in BBN should be there for him and support him in this time because when he’s doing good I think that people are going to switch and they’re going to be supporting him. I think everyone should stay positive with him.”

“We need our fans to absolutely support BJ,” Calipari said Tuesday night. “I don’t know why anybody would be nasty to anybody. If you want to be nasty, be nasty to me. It’s my fault. Don’t be nasty to him. I’m the one who put him in the game. So, if you’re mad, just be mad at me. Be positive.”

Boston finished with six points (3-9 FG) and two rebounds vs. Vanderbilt, the first time he’s failed to score in double figures. On Wednesday night, he tweeted, “I don’t need no sympathy. I’m a man who step up to every challenge and face it.” On his Instagram story, he’s also shared several inspirational quotes and snapshots from the gym in the past few days. Tuesday night was a reminder that sometimes the passion of the fanbase can turn into vitriol when things aren’t going well, but assistant coach/recruiting coordinator Jai Lucas said dealing with that is just part of being a Kentucky Basketball player, or coach.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com