TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal reacts to Brooks being cleared to play vs UF

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal reacts to Brooks being cleared to play vs UF
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-08-2021 11:34 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wildcats forward Keion Brooks Jr. has been medically cleared to return to competition after missing the first nine games of the season with a left leg injury, the school announced Thursday.

The sophomore will be in uniform Saturday vs. the Florida Gators and available to play for the 3-6 Wildcats, who’ve won two straight and could be primed to make another run at an SEC title now that Brooks is back.

Although Brooks has been conditioning and participating with the team in non-contact drills, Thursday was his first full practice since the injury.

Afterward, head coach John Calipari released a statement about getting Brooks back on the court.

“I met with him today and it was a little bit emotional,” UK head coach John Calipari said. “We have all been patient with this but obviously we all wanted Keion out there with us, no one more so than him. Now he is.

“Here’s the kind of person and teammate Keion is: When he and I talked about how he would fit in with what we’ve been doing as a team, his comment was, ‘Coach, I really trust you. I’ll do whatever this team needs me to do.’ Pretty amazing stuff when you think about this is someone who came back as the leader of our team and the only guy who played minutes with us a season ago. All Keion cares about is trying help this team win.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com