TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cats basketball will now play North Carolina instead of UCLA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats basketball will now play North Carolina instead of UCLA
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-16-2020 05:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky basketball's 2020-21 schedule is changing again.

Just three days before the game, Kentucky's CBS Sports Classic opponent has changed from UCLA to North Carolina. UK will face UNC at 2 p.m. in Cleveland. UCLA will now play Ohio State in the second game of the doubleheader.

The schedule switch was designed to "more closely align COVID-19 testing protocols between the competing programs and their respective conferences," according to a UK news release.

"This a little unusual to say the least, but these are unusual times and that goes for college basketball, as well," North Carolina coach Roy Williams said in a news release. "Our team wants to play in the CBS Sports Classic. Instead of Ohio State, we'll play Kentucky. Perhaps it would have been better to make a change like this earlier, but the bottom line is we want to play. Kentucky, Ohio State and UCLA all have fantastic programs, and we are excited about having the opportunity to play."

The switch could hand a Kentucky team on a four-game losing streak a more difficult opponent. North Carolina (4-2) is ranked 21st in the most recent USA TODAY Coaches Poll, while UCLA (5-1) is in the "also receiving votes" category.

North Carolina's two losses have come against top-11 teams Iowa and Texas by a combined 15 points. The Tar Heels' best win to date is against Stanford, which is ranked 35th nationally by KenPom.com.

link

[ 12-17-2020, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-16-2020 06:32 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When it rains, it pours.

Happy birthday, Mel.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 12-16-2020 06:37 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip... UNC hasn't been playing that well as of late. Can't hit 3's and miss too many FT's and too many TO's. Hope they finally show up and play an entire game.

MEL

Posts: 2789 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-16-2020 07:34 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You won't have anything to worry about, Mel. UK hasn't showed up to play a power conference team yet! I'd pick UNC by at least 8 in this one! Vegas hasn't put a line out on the game yet!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-16-2020 10:45 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MEL:
Can't hit 3's and miss too many FT's and too many TO's.

Sounds just like Kentucky.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 12-16-2020 11:33 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UNC is a way better team than UK in my opinion. UK has a bunch of individuals and some not so skilled individuals. I can't wait to see the Vegas line.

I have been losing most bets of late, but betting on UK has been good just because Vegas has been messing it up. I'm a perfect 5 for 5 betting on UK games this year.

I took UK to cover the 1st game and I have taken the opponent in the the other four games. In all games, other than Kansas, UK has been the favorite and in the Kansas game Draft Kings ran a promotion and you could get Kansas at +200. I only wish I would have bet more. LOL.

[ 12-16-2020, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 12-19-2020 04:50 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, Mel, you can quit awe shucksing it now! We all told you who would win, and none of us are surprised. Still not sure Why UNC was afraid of playing OSU, maybe Roy wanted an easier chance at a win! He got his wish!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 12-19-2020 08:11 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UNC didn't really play too well and still whupped us by double digits. And now we have a player bickering about playing time. It's gonna be a long year in Lexington.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 12-19-2020 08:18 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mh, Coach Williams didn't have anything to do with the change of teams. It had something to do with ucla abd ohio state having soe of the same conditions concerning the Vid and the states of NC and kentucky the same. Not sure why that made a difference but obviously it did. Coach Williams has never run from anyone. He plays a tough schedule every year.

MEL

Posts: 2789 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com