TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Analyst shares observations from UK practice

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Analyst shares observations from UK practice
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-12-2020 11:11 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Only halfway through Kentucky practice film, but a couple early observations, in no particular order:

I couldn't take my eyes off Brandon Boston. Then I realized it's because he's always near the ball, on both sides of the court. It's easy to see why he's so highly regarded. Seven footer Olivier Sarr absolutely glides down the court. Like Boston, he can be an impact player on both ends. Dontaie Allen can flat stroke it. He's putting it up with confidence. I won't go over the entire roster, but Isaiah Jackson stood out as a dude who is always making plays. High motor doesn't begin to describe it."

Pro Day, which provides NBA organizations with a look at the roster despite safety protocols that will restrict professional scouts and general managers from attending in person.

SEC Network will televise the 90-minute Pro Day and all 30 NBA teams will be provided an exclusive feed of the combine-like practice conducted by Kentucky coaches and staff. Coaches and staff will direct players through various agility and shooting drills in addition to 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 scrimmaging. All 30 NBA teams were represented in-person in the previous six seasons. Hart and Jimmy Dykes will call the action for SEC Network.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-12-2020 11:33 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. It seems that everybody who has seen a practice comes away with high praise for Jackson.

Really good to hear that Dontaie can fill the bucket from the arc. We will need that for sure.

Sarr, Boston, and Clark will get the press. But guys like Jackson, Mintz, Brooks, Askew, Allen, and Ware will be the ones who can get us to the championship game.

[ 11-12-2020, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-12-2020 11:40 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Should get to finally se what these boys look like tonight as the SEC Network is showing the '20 version of pro day! 7 PM

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 11-12-2020 03:14 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My wife, who is a long time basketball expert also thinks Quickly will be a major contributor.
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-12-2020 04:14 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cledh, your wife knows her UK basketball!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 11-12-2020 08:16 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
catmandoo,
Yes, she has watching basketball most of her life. Her Dad was coaching Inez basketball when she was born in 1940. She went to many games when she was very young and also was around her Dad when he was working with his players. She heard the games discussed at home. She had two brothers who played at Inez and she heard the games discussed with them.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-12-2020 09:16 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Should get to finally se what these boys look like tonight as the SEC Network is showing the '20 version of pro day! 7 PM
Dang. I think it was you who had mentioned this earlier. I made a mental note to watch. At this age that was a big mistake.
Posts: 5411 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-12-2020 09:45 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me too, HC. Totally forgot. How did they look, Guys?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36272 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 11-13-2020 09:08 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We were not able to find that last night.
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-13-2020 11:15 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We're going to have a lot of length. Seems like there were some pretty good shooters as well.

I heard Jimmy Dykes mention, He and Tom Hart were the commentators last night, that he had witnessed this team, during practice, working pretty hard on running a zone defense!

Boston and Jackson are both very athletic. Sarr comes across as very intelligent! This is going to be a very athletic team!

Big Blue Madness is a week from today! SEC Network again. For those of you who forgot last night, go ahead and set your DVR now and it will automatically kick on when the program is supposed ot start. THis way, you never forget!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com