TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Calipari talks Wildcats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calipari talks Wildcats
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-26-2020 06:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the team becoming a Final Four contender with Olivier Sarr’s immediate eligibility …

“We’re better. You know, I had to remind my team yesterday that because they’re doing a good job of competing against him. Isaiah (Jackson) and Lance (Ware), I mean, these guys, they’re not just giving way now, So I said, ‘Understand his last two ACC games he had 55 points and 20 rebounds.’ And I said, ‘Now, they weren’t great teams. You know they were Duke and Notre Dame.’ When I say that, I’m joking obviously. But he had 55 and 20. And I said, ‘When you’re competing against him, I’m not sure another guy in our gym could have had 55 and 20. So, you’re competing against a really good player, which tells me we’ve got some good guys.’ ”

On how much more difficult it will be to get a young team adjusted with the schedule this season …

“I’m worried about it. I said to Mitch (Barnhart) – because he’s the president or the head of the committee, the selection committee – I said, ‘Mitch, what if we go 4-5 or 3-6? Are we going to be all right before I sign off on all of this stuff? I want to know that we’ll be OK if that’s the case.’ See, I think this is a year, you’re not worried about your record as much as playing, playing well and then counting on the committee to pick the best teams. Who are they? And it’s not going to be by record because you’ve got some teams that are going to play six quote buy games. They’re playing the lightest schedule they can get. They’re trying to stay on their campus. There’s nothing wrong with that. Then you’re having us, I think it’s safer to play other Power 5s who are testing and protocols like we are, but the problem with that is you’re not going to win as many games.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com