TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Dontaie Allen discusses 2020-21 Wildcats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dontaie Allen discusses 2020-21 Wildcats
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-18-2020 05:09 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a recap of everything Allen had to say via UK Athletics.

On how excited he is to finally get back on the court …

“Honestly, at this point last season I was obviously going through things with my knee, even a little bit with my collar bone. But, at this point I’ve been going at it really hard all summer. I’m just ready to get out there, honestly. I even talked about it last year, I’m so excited honestly. It’s kind of built up. I’m just working really hard in practice.”

On what he can add to this roster …

“I think a big thing is shooting. But even that just working hard on both ends of the ball, being a good leader on and off the floor to all of the freshmen coming in because I’m A sophomore and I have a little bit of experience. So, I feel like I can help in that department.”

On how he IS balancing being a leader as a returner but one who has yet to see action …

“I think I can share with them what Coach Cal expects, which is pretty much going hard at all times and not really taking plays off. I didn’t play in any games, but I was always around it being literally right in the huddles. Just knowing what is expected I feel like from that aspect I can share with that and in practice. It’s basically just a lot of small things that I can share.”

On how practicing late last season helped with his confidence …

“It was good. At first I was just starting out a little slow just because I had the knee injury. So, I wasn’t as fast or as in shape as I am now just because I’ve been working at it and getting back into the right shape, even better I believe. It’s done a lot of great things. I’ve been working hard all summer and I can’t wait to get out there.”

On how close he was to getting into a game last season …

“It was around the time that we were short players. I know the Tennessee game they mentioned putting me in. Another big time was at Florida, at Florida. They mentioned about putting me in. I’d say those two times were the times that I was like, OK, I might check in.”

On how the adversity he has faced has shaped him …

“I learned that I am very resilient. I’ve never gone through really anything like I’ve gone through the last three years. I think, honestly, it’s made me a stronger person. That can only carry on to the court. I think just that is going to bring a lot of good things to come on and off the court. It’s kind of a blessing in disguise.”

On being a player from the state recruited to play for the Wildcats …

“My biggest goal is to go out there and work as hard as I can. I don’t feel like there’s any added pressure. You can say there’s added pressure because you’re from Kentucky, but this is just where I want to be. This is the culture that I wanted to be in. I’m ready to work my hardest, work my tail off just to get things done here.”

On when the last time he played was and how he anticipates feeling getting on the court for the first time …

“Last time I played was sometime in December senior year, so 2018. As far as coming back like (riding) a bicycle, I think this is another, like, props to the culture here. Every practice is like a game. You’re going against five stars. You’re going against everybody. Like, everybody is hooping. Everybody is working hard. A lot of games might be like that, but a lot of games aren’t going to be like that. These are all like high-level players and you’ve got to work hard every day in practice. I’m on my own, and because of that, I’m going to be in prime shape for the games.”

On how he compares himself as player pre-injury to the player now …

“He’s better.”

On what he’s seen from his new teammates and getting to know a whole new group of guys …

“Honestly, it’s been good. Obviously, it’s been different just getting to know all the different personalities, all the different guys, but that’s the culture here. That’s what I’ve kind of seen. Like, literally, what was it February, had a whole different team and then you step on to campus in June or July and you’re like, wow, there’s 10 new guys. That’s just the culture. That’s why it’s such a success here. Clockwork.”

On if this team has a buzz and if it came be special …

“I think this team does have that (opportunity to be special). Honestly, you can see glimpses in practice of offense and defense, but the big thing is going to be our defense. Our defense is really, really, really good. That’s not even taking away from our offense, but our defense is just there. I just feel like we’re going to keep growing and keep getting better as the season progresses.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com