TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Olivier Sarr received NCAA waiver two months ago, waiting on SEC

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Olivier Sarr received NCAA waiver two months ago, waiting on SEC
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-23-2020 11:59 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have we been directing our complaints to the wrong organization this whole time?

After months of begging the NCAA to declare Kentucky center Olivier Sarr eligible for the 2020-21 college basketball season, broadcast legend Dick Vitale is reporting that they’ve already done their job, clearing the 7-foot transfer two months ago.

Instead, the ball is in – and has been for two months – the SEC’s court to declare Sarr eligible.

“BBN FYI the [NCAA] has cleared OLIVIER SARR about 2 months ago to be eligible to play,” Vitale reported. “But the holdup is that the [SEC] must grant a waiver due to a rule they have that states if a player that transfers has 1 [year] of eligibility he must sit out. However the SEC can grant a waiver.”

“[NCAA] & [SEC] should grant waivers to OLIVIER SARR,” Vitale said. “He was told his coach Danny Manning was coming back at Wake Forest so he decided to return & not enter NBA draft. Coach gets fired thus he transfers. I’ve been told NCAA has granted waiver. Now it’s up to SEC.”

Earlier this week, Adam Zagoria spoke to an NCAA source on Sarr’s situation and transfer logistics as a whole, who said it could simply be a documentation issue.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-23-2020 06:22 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!! Me thinks Mr. Calipari has been holding information in his pocket. Shame we had to believe it was still in the NCAA's court. I'm not sure what his thinking is? Is this the reason he has been telling everyone when interviewed that "he expects Sarr to get approval"? Now that I know the real truth I do believe the SEC will give the waiver but they want to make UK squirm as much as they can. What a shame.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com