TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » ACC is proposing an NCAA Tournament with every Division I school in college basketbal

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ACC is proposing an NCAA Tournament with every Division I school in college basketbal
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-09-2020 12:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The NCAA Tournament is called March Madness for a reason, but the latest proposal for the upcoming 2020-21 season will guarantee unprecedented postseason chaos this year.

According to numerous national analysts – Jon Rothstein, Jeff Goodman, and Pat Forde are among those to report the news – the ACC is proposing that every Division I team in college basketball make the NCAA Tournament this year.

“The ACC has already had discussions with Dan Gavitt and the NCAA regarding an NCAA Tournament in 2021 featuring every Division 1 team in college basketball,” Rothstein reported. “All ACC programs agreed earlier today to have every single Division 1 team in the 2021 NCAA Tournament. Several are expected to release official statements later today. This is being done to “celebrate” college basketball.”

“The ACC coaches will propose an all-inclusive NCAA tournament,” Goodman added. “The coaches just finished the call and voted unanimously on this. … This idea of EVERY team being included in the NCAA tournament this year is spearheaded by Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski. The proposal would mean that every single team in the D-1 ranks would be included in the NCAA tournament.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-09-2020 02:24 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, and give everyone on that 0-22 team that will play "special recognition" trophies too.

Bleh.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 09-09-2020 03:33 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In a way, every team is in the NCAA tournament. Just include all conference tournaments as part of the NCAA tournament.

This is just a stupid idea. Kind of fitting it comes from UNC (sorry, Mel). [Smile]

Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 09-09-2020 04:52 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC ... it says coach k (dook) is spearheading it not Coach Williams.
I have no idea if it is a good idea or not (not sure how it would work) but if someone doesn't want to join in they can always opt out (isn't that the new phrase everone is using these days ???). [Wink]

MEL

[ 09-09-2020, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-09-2020 05:20 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's see, we're in the middle of Covid 19 and are supposed to be staying away from large groups? Let me think now, how could this work?
I guess if we get thru a regular schedule, which some conferences don't have right now, I guess you could divide your conference in half and have the top teams host the bottom teams in the first round, with the top ranked winners hosting the lower ranked winners until you have one team left who hasn't lost. Then you take the winners of each conference to play ????. Who knows?? Are there still any independents??? Duhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Tell K to figure it out. [Razz]

Posts: 14176 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 09-09-2020 08:04 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have no idea how this would work but I am sure it would work in k's favor if he is spearheading it !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-10-2020 08:19 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coach K proposed this? If so it will work like this. All conferences will have a tournament and the winners will advance to a bubble type atmosphere, Duke will be the only team to get a bye because, well, they are Duke.

These teams will play each other to determine who will play Duke in the National Championship game to be played at Cameron Stadium. Covid guidelines will be waived for this game and Ratface expects the place to be packed.

Oh, by the way, Duke’s athletic director will determine who the referees will be to ensure fairness.

Posts: 5411 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-10-2020 10:03 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not a joke! I wonder???? [Big Grin]
Posts: 14176 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 09-10-2020 02:41 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MEL:
PC ... it says coach k (dook) is spearheading it not Coach Williams.
I have no idea if it is a good idea or not (not sure how it would work) but if someone doesn't want to join in they can always opt out (isn't that the new phrase everone is using these days ???). [Wink]

MEL

My bad, Mel. I completely misread that. Must be my Kentucky education.
[Wink]

Posts: 10348 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com