TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Vitale Calls Out The NCAA Over 1 Player’s Transfer Waiver

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vitale Calls Out The NCAA Over 1 Player’s Transfer Waiver
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-05-2020 06:21 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky basketball landed one of the prominent transfers of the college basketball offseason, bringing in Olivier Sarr from Wake Forest. Months later, his waiver status is still up in the air, and ESPN’s Dick Vitale isn’t having it.

Whatever the reason for the delay in the Sarr case, it is definitely frustrating, especially with proposal that would give players a blanket one-time transfer without sitting out getting kicked down the road earlier this year.

Olivier Sarr is expected to be a major contributor for Kentucky, after averaging 13.7 points and 9.0 rebounds per game for Wake Forest last year. After his decision, Dick Vitale tweeted that UK “struck gold” with the move. The NCAA’s decision, whenever it comes, will have a huge impact on Kentucky in 2020-21.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 08-13-2020 06:19 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i would be willing to bet----this will turn out like the Canter investigation where it took a whole season for the ncaa to rule

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-13-2020 10:35 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't feel it really matters how long the dumb asses take. I don't believe we'll be playing until 2021 anyway. They may even do away with the non-conference games like they did in FB. [Eek!]
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com