TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Will Olivier Sarr be granted eligibility for next season?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Will Olivier Sarr be granted eligibility for next season?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-13-2020 04:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We do not know exactly what college basketball will look like this fall, if we have it at all. But if it does happen, then the Kentucky Wildcats’ roster is set up for success.

If Olivier Sarr is granted his eligibility, that is.

In a normal year, Sarr’s waiver claim is shaky. His original case for being able to play immediately instead of sitting out a year like a normal transfer player was that his old coach, Danny Manning, had made some promised that kept him out of the NBA Draft process. With Manning no longer in the picture, Sarr said he felt like he missed an opportunity he could not get back.

A wrinkle thrown into the scenario is that the NBA has re-opened the draft entry window for college players. If he wanted to, Sarr could enter the draft today. However, he had already committed to Kentucky before that decision was made.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-13-2020 05:07 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish I could be optimistic, but I am quite sure that the NCAA will deny his appeal to play immediately.

If he transferred to Duke, however... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 07-13-2020 08:51 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just don't see how they can do that after they granted Juzang's. Juzang had less to stand on than Sarr in my opinion.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-14-2020 01:08 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ukman, you make a good point but with the NCAA you never know.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-16-2020 09:59 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukman:
I just don't see how they can do that after they granted Juzang's. Juzang had less to stand on than Sarr in my opinion.

Sarr's main argument got thrown out the door though. One of the main reasons he asked for the waiver was because Danny Manning was fired after underclassmen had to declare for the draft.

With COVID they moved the deadline and now he can declare for the draft. I think it is about a 0.0001% chance that they grant him a waiver.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-17-2020 10:55 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know it can't be held up but he did sign a scholarship with UK before the date was moved. I don't think UK could hold him to that but if you want to show these kids that a signature means anything in these awful world that we are now living in, they should follow thru and allow him this last year of ball.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 07-17-2020 11:33 AM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you really think Cal would do that ???
Besides coaches leave all the time after signing long term contracts (that actually include $$$).
I do think signatures should count as well as your word but it ain't gonna happen in today's world unfortunately !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com