TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Hope for College Basketball Edition

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hope for College Basketball Edition
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-10-2020 01:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was just four months ago when Kentucky and every other college basketball program saw their season unexpectedly come to an end due to COVID-19. So, four months away from the upcoming season, will we have a college basketball season this fall?

If we do, will it even start on time? Thankfully, someone well-connected to college basketball is “confident” we’ll see the season start on time.

Per Matt Norlander of CBS Sports, NCAA Vice President of Basketball Dan Gavitt is confident the season will begin without any holdups.

With the first week of games being four months away, the NCAA of course has plenty of time to strategize a COVID-19 battle plan and be ready to change course if the virus presents any road blocks. Even looking into March Madness next spring, the Final Four will be held in Indianapolis where the NCAA is headquartered and Gavitt specifically said he’s confident the NCAA could hold a safe ending to the season there.

“Our confidence about doing that safely for the players, coaches, fans and media is high,” Gavitt said. “The contingencies we’ve talked about so far are really around what everybody’s having to consider. Obviously practicing social distancing, reduce capacity in the venues, even safety considerations around the court, in locker rooms and all the things that we’re going to have to do in a very detailed way — testing for sure. Even with hotels and team travel and all those kinds of things.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-10-2020 01:56 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's more confident than I am. Right now I would put the chances at 50-50. The chances of fans in the stands.....less than 50-50. I sure don't like the way cases have increased. The death rate has come down and I think the severity of these cases now is not as bad.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com