TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Richards Never Second Guessed Decision to Play at U K

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Richards Never Second Guessed Decision to Play at U K
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-01-2020 05:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nick Richards will be remembered as one of the most beloved players to play at the University of Kentucky.

Not often do players stay longer than one to two seasons under John Calipari, especially former five-star recruits. The length of his career, and the struggles he endured, makes Richards one of the most unforgettable players to wear the blue and white in the Calipari era.

The 6-foot-11 big man played three seasons for the Wildcats, but things didn’t come together for him until his final season in Lexington.

He ranked second on the team in scoring (14 points) while leading in rebounding (7.8) and blocked shots (66). He also recorded ten double-doubles in 31 games last season after only one the first two seasons of his career.

After freshman and sophomore seasons that had more lows than highs, Richards transformed into one of the most dominant players in the country as a junior.

In a recent interview with Go Big Blue Country, the former Wildcat discussed the struggles early in his career. Through it all, he never second-guessed his decision to attend Kentucky.

“Honestly, not one moment in my mind that I had that thought,” Richards said. “I always knew I wanted to be at Kentucky ever since I was a sophomore in high school.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com