TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Vitale believes Olivier Sarr will be eligible at UK this season

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vitale believes Olivier Sarr will be eligible at UK this season
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-30-2020 03:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While uncertainty continues to linger regarding Olivier Sarr’s waiver fight for immediate eligibility, one prominent voice in basketball believes the NCAA will ultimately decide to approve the Wake Forest transfer’s request.

In a string of recent tweets and conversations with various media members, ESPN’s Dick Vitale has said he feels Sarr will be eligible to play at Kentucky this season.

“Great news for [UCLA] having [Johnny Juzang] eligible as he will help [coach Mick Cronin] but also super news for [Kentucky] for [Olivier Sarr] being declared eligible by [the NCAA],” Vitale tweeted at the time of former UK guard Johnny Juzang being granted immediate eligibility earlier in the week. “Case for Sarr [is] much stronger than Juzang’s.”

“I feel that the NCAA will grant a waiver for [Kentucky’s] Olivier Sarr to be eligible this [year],” Vitale continued in another tweet. “Also based on the quick response on Johnny Juzang given a waiver [at UCLA], I think that the NCAA will be more lenient in waiver requests.”

In an interview with Shawn Smith of Go Big Blue Country, Vitale stressed just how important Sarr is to the roster, touching on his past numbers and overall talent.

“The most important decision facing Kentucky with this roster will be the eligibility of Olivier Sarr,” Vitale said. “If he’s eligible, it takes them to a whole new level because this is a legitimate player. This is a guy that’s done it at the collegiate level against big-time competition. There was a game last year, he had like 25 (points) on Duke, 35 – I think – on Notre Dame. I mean, this guy can play.”

“He’s an important player to Kentucky, he’s what they need,” Vitale continued. “If you look at their roster, they need that post presence, and he’s the best player in the transfer portal out of like 1200 kids.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com