TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Tracy McGrady: 'I was going to Kentucky'

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tracy McGrady: 'I was going to Kentucky'
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-27-2020 07:26 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I wanted to go to college. I was going to Kentucky," McGrady said. "I took my visit to Kentucky, Derek Anderson was my host. I pulled up to Kentucky's campus, I seem them boys got them fully loaded Eddie Bauers outside, I said hold up, 'this where I'm going, right here.' I don't want to go do no more visits. The player lounge, where they stay, everything was plush. I said, 'I'm coming. I don't want no more visits. This is where I'm going.'"

McGrady had been a virtual unknown at Auburndale High School in Florida before transferring to Mount Zion Christian Academy in Durham, N.C. for his senior season. After a standout showing at the prestigious Adidas ABCD camp in New Jersey, McGrady became the consensus No. 1 high school recruit in the country, a McDonald's All-American and National Player of the Year by USA Today.

Then, McGrady says, Adidas made him an offer he couldn't refuse. "Time goes by, I'm playing my season, my name's getting stronger, I'm sitting in my coach's office. He's like, 'I know you want to go to Kentucky, I know you want to go to college but after I tell you this you're going to forget all about it,'" McGrady said. "He's like, 'I got a $12 million deal for you.' I said, 'from who?' He said, 'from Adidas. They want to offer you six years, $12 million.' My college dream went out the window and that was it."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com