TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK, UCLA emerge as favorites to land Makur Maker if he attends college

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK, UCLA emerge as favorites to land Makur Maker if he attends college
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-10-2020 05:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is big man Makur Maker back on the table for Kentucky? There’s a chance.

The 6-foot-11 center and 5-star prospect in the 2020 class originally declared for the NBA Draft in April, but he quickly clarified he’d be keeping his options open in terms of a potential collegiate career. Due to the uncertainty of the pre-draft process and his inability to work out for teams due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Maker did not sign with an agent and instead decided to maintain his college eligibility coming out of high school.

Now, that could work out in Kentucky’s favor. College basketball insider Jon Rothstein is reporting Kentucky and UCLA have emerged as the favorites in Maker’s recruitment, if he decides to attend college in the fall.

The NBA G League previously reached out to Maker about signing a deal with their new professional pathway program, but Maker has said he is not interested. His only two options are the NBA Draft and college.

“Out west, I’d consider UCLA and maybe Oregon, but if I’m not out west, I’d consider Kentucky,” Maker told Evan Daniels last month. “You know Kentucky has everybody. They produce pros like Anthony Davis, Boogie Cousins – Coach Calipari has it all. And maybe Auburn also.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com