TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Harms cuts list to 3.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Harms cuts list to 3.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-21-2020 01:28 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And UK is still in the running along with Texas Tech and BYU.
I would have bet on Gonzanga. For some reason I am unable to post the link. It also said his final decision would be coming very soon.

I’ve changed my mind about Harms. The way things have turned out I think he would be a welcome addition.

Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-21-2020 03:18 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would have bet on Zaga too. They should be a very good team and Few is an excellent coach in my opinion. He would have helped them be even better I am sure.

MEL

Posts: 2793 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-21-2020 04:33 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He cut some of the ones I would have thought he would keep. Out of his remaining 3 I think he would help himself more by coming to UK. But what do I know, he will probably decide on BYU.
Posts: 14132 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-21-2020 06:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe if he chooses KY, he will be a huge and welcome addition to our team as well. We're going to be a little on the short side next season!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-22-2020 10:40 AM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he is a smart kid he will pick UK. It's obvious how badly we need a big guy, and he could come right in and have the opportunity to earn alot of playing time, and showcase what ability he has. I really hope we get him. If he can be a rim protector, rebound, and run the floor that will be a huge addition.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-22-2020 11:52 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree he has to know how bad we need a big man and his chances of starting are awfully good.

[ 04-22-2020, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-22-2020 04:00 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I look for Haarms to be a UK signee before Sunday. i don't believe Cal will be offering that 250 lb transfer. He may have scored some points but all of his other attributes are not what Cal likes. Scratch him.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-22-2020 04:29 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Haarms IS the 250lb guy, isn't he?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13597 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-22-2020 04:33 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's been word of a VCU guy on the transfer market. He may be the 250-pounder that Bama Cat mentioned.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 04-23-2020 07:18 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Latest word is he is going to BYU.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-23-2020 08:11 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Haarms is set to make his decision today, per reports.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 04-23-2020 10:59 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I was 6' 10" I would come out of retirement to help the cats out but I would have to shave my big gray beard which will be 1 year old the first of June.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 742 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 04-23-2020 12:13 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://247sports.com/Article/Matt-Haarms-Purdue-Transfer-basketball-BYU-Kentucky-Texas-Tech-146376990/

MEL

Posts: 2793 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-23-2020 01:03 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mark Pope is doing good things at BYU, but stealing our big man isn't earning him any favors with the Big Blue.

Bummer. We will definitely be playing some small-ball next year. I was really looking forward to saying "Better stay out of Haarms' way" next year...

[ 04-23-2020, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13597 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-23-2020 07:58 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess I missed on this one. I still believe he was headed to UK until something changed his mind. It could have been all those big forwards we have. I don't think we will get Brown, Banchero or Cisse. Cal needs to start looking for some other big guys for 2021.
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-23-2020 08:19 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is a big surprise. I thought for sure he would come to UK since that is the definite need we have. The minutes were there for him to take. Wish he would have come to UK. Small ball it will be, and I hope we have some shooters.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com